Author Topic: the bees  (Read 2307 times)

wingelbert humptyback

the bees
« on: February 20, 2003, 11:22:00 pm »
<BR>it looks like The Bees debut "Sunshine Hit Me" is seeing release at the end of this month via Astralwerks. Strangely enough (copyright issues?) they've adopted the new moniker: A Band Of Bees.<BR>honestly, it's been a while since i've listened to that album, so i need to break it out again and reassess my feelings about it (the fact it got shelved and never heard from again worries me). but either way, it'd probably be fairly interesting if Astralwerks brought them round. i imagine the live show would be interesting if nothing else.

kurosawa-b/w

Re: the bees
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 01:34:00 pm »
I know I read about them and then wanted to see them -but am blanking on details. Where are they from again?

lily1

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 03:23:00 pm »
ireland, i think. at least the people i heard about the bees from were irish. not that it means anything. but i think they are irish.

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 05:16:00 pm »
<BR>they are from the isle of wight in the UK.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2003, 05:20:00 pm »
That's how I know them! I read a review of the festival there... Yes, I would like to see them.

lily1

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2003, 05:23:00 pm »
i stand corrected.  <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wingelbert humptyback:<BR><B><BR>they are from the isle of wight in the UK.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>