Author Topic: 9/1  (Read 3453 times)

9/1
« on: August 30, 2005, 03:50:00 pm »
September 1st

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1ST HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THIS IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, SCHOOLS ARE LIMITING SCHOOL BUS ROUTES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END?

WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE
 MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS
 POAST TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

PLEASE FORWARD THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU CAN!!!!

SPARX

Re: 9/1
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 03:59:00 pm »
Good luck with that

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 03:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by Die Fledermaus Die:

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

Hahahahahahaha, no.

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 04:03:00 pm »
I'll make sure I fill up in Canada on 9/1.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 04:08:00 pm »
you know, i don't feel bad at all for people who have to fill up their tanks twice a week ... sure, it's not their fault that detroit basically dictated the way our country was developed post-WWII, but there are alternatives to sprawl and they've also chosen to live lifestyles revolving around their car ... no pity from me

the country rebuilds itself every half a century, so there's no reason that we can't transform our society into one dominated by smart growth and efficient transit

[steps down from my soapbox]
(o|o)

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 04:09:00 pm »
You need to visit this website immediately...

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 04:14:00 pm »
I don't feel bad for city folks when they are mugged or killed by straight bullets from drive by shootings. They chose a lifestyle to live among hoodlums.

Once we get all these hoodlums in jail, we'll have a transformed society. Better yet, neuter them so they can't reproduce.

Steps down from soapbox.

Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:
  you know, i don't feel bad at all for people who have to fill up their tanks twice a week ... sure, it's not their fault that detroit basically dictated the way our country was developed post-WWII, but there are alternatives to sprawl and they've also chosen to live lifestyles revolving around their car ... no pity from me

the country rebuilds itself every half a century, so there's no reason that we can't transform our society into one dominated by smart growth and efficient transit

[steps down from my soapbox]

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 04:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by Yutaka Fukufuji, Japanese Goalie:
  I don't feel bad for city folks when they are mugged or killed by straight bullets from drive by shootings. They chose a lifestyle to live among hoodlums.
well said, rhett, well said

unfortunately for many suburbanites, they move out of cities in order to find "safety" in the suburbs ... in reality they're being tied to their cars, which makes them much much less safe

the danger from muggings or stray bullets is infinitely smaller than that from car accidents

it's even more unsafe for their teenagers, who are often the reason they move out to the "safe suburbs" ... 40% of 16-year-olds get into car accidents, but because driving is the only way to get anywhere, they either have to have cars or turn their parents into full-time chauffeurs
(o|o)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 04:30:00 pm »
what i mean by smart growth:

http://www.kentlandsusa.com/
(o|o)

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 04:56:00 pm »
Not speaking about myself, but no doubt many suburbanites live in places where it is economically infeasible to  live somewhere where which enables public transit to be a viable option.

They move to the suburbs because a single family home in a decent neighborhood in DC is way out of reach cost wise.

Not everyone can afford a single family home or town house within a few blocks of a bus stop or Metro train.

Originally posted by HoyaParanoia:

well said, rhett, well said

unfortunately for many suburbanites, they move out of cities in order to find "safety" in the suburbs ... in reality they're being tied to their cars, which makes them much much less safe

the danger from muggings or stray bullets is infinitely smaller than that from car accidents

it's even more unsafe for their teenagers, who are often the reason they move out to the "safe suburbs" ... 40% of 16-year-olds get into car accidents, but because driving is the only way to get anywhere, they either have to have cars or turn their parents into full-time chauffeurs [/b]

vansmack

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 05:48:00 pm »
OK, I'm in.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 11:07:00 pm »
  Not speaking about myself, but no doubt many suburbanites live in places where it is economically infeasible to  live somewhere where which enables public transit to be a viable option.

They move to the suburbs because a single family home in a decent neighborhood in DC is way out of reach cost wise.

Not everyone can afford a single family home or town house within a few blocks of a bus stop or Metro train.
fair enough, but one of the main points of smart growth or "the new urbanism" is economically diverse housing areas within a five minute walking distance of a public transit hub (bus stop or subway) ... my point was that we're not where we want to be yet, but that we rebuild our country every half a century, so it's not unfeasible to hope for a better way

they also move out to the suburbs (and by suburbs, i don't mean alexandria or arlington, it's really more of the "exurbs" of the DC area that i'm referring to) because many _think_ their priorities are a big house and some land, and for some people that's obviously a well-thought-out desire ... but many get "suburban malaise" when they realize they're chained to their cars, are subject to suffocating traffic, are permanent chaffeurs to their children, and cannot walk to even a corner store

by the way, these aren't my ideas, they're straight out of  Suburban Nation
(o|o)

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 11:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Die Fledermaus Die:
  September 1st

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. etc....

This doesn't work. On 9/1 you need gas or you don't. If you don't need gas then you don't buy it. If you need gas then you either buy it on 9/1 or on some day after 9/1. Your need for gas doesn't go away just because you choose not to buy it on a particular day. Unless, of course, you leave your car parked for the day.

Want cheaper gas? Reduce the demand.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 07:50:00 am »
The automakers on their own turf killed an efficient trolly car system in Detroit but providing the local authorities free buses, which of course broke down and become unreliable as time went on.

I'm all for using public transport for getting to work for the burbs. But because the Metro designers only saw it fit to plan a system to move people in and out of downtown it would take me 75 minutes plus to get to work.  And I would still probably end up driving to the Metro because buses only run ever 30 minutes.

Until frequent bus service is established in the region more people will rely on cars, then rather be inconvienced by having to wait for the next bus.   And why an express bus dosen't run between Greenbelt and Grosvenor is beyond me....
T.Rex

ggw

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 05:27:00 pm »
Dupek's ploy must have worked!  Have you seen the the crazy gas prices??!!??