Author Topic: what? no VMA thread?  (Read 5117 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: what? no VMA thread?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 10:36:00 am »
there is nothing horrible about the way she looks, but she should have thought twice about performing in a bikini top and little boy-shorts.  there are many reasons why the average person doesn't wear that outfit to the mall, one of them is that you need a certain body for it (let alone because of the scene it would create)

it's not as if she's actually talented - she has always been a marketing plot centered around sex appeal.  take away the drop-dead sexiness (replace with slighly above-average sexiness) and add in a boring, dissinterested and xanax'ed performance... well, you get a trainwreck.  she has done WAY better dance routines in the past, this one was very plain.

it's sad that people around her let her go through with this.  someone should have stopped her and said "brit, this isn't going to look good or help your career."  so either she is surrounded by sycophants, or she is really really full of herself.  probably both.
<sig>

heather

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 10:41:00 am »
plus, if that was "dancing," i'm THE greatest dancer in the world!!!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 10:47:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by paul3mac:
 I thought she looked pretty good and the music and dancing seemed on par with all the other crap like that.
As an avid Brit video/DVD watcher, I can tell you that the VMA performance was the least enthusiastic and worst lip sync performance I have ever seen from her.  If I had to guess, I would say that she popped a few to many Xanax before that performance.  She seemed terribly disinterested.

Brit, it's one to calm your nerves, but 10, well that makes you a zombie... [/b]
i thought it was one is good, two is better, three you get violent and forget shit
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2007, 10:53:00 am »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:

Originally posted by vansmack:

Originally posted by paul3mac:
 I thought she looked pretty good and the music and dancing seemed on par with all the other crap like that.
As an avid Brit video/DVD watcher, I can tell you that the VMA performance was the least enthusiastic and worst lip sync performance I have ever seen from her.  If I had to guess, I would say that she popped a few to many Xanax before that performance.  She seemed terribly disinterested.

Brit, it's one to calm your nerves, but 10, well that makes you a zombie... [/b]
i thought it was one is good, two is better, three you get violent and forget shit [/b]
yeah, 10 Xanax and you aint lipsynching SHIT.

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2007, 11:20:00 am »
Originally posted by heather:
  plus, if that was "dancing," i'm THE greatest dancer in the world!!!
I think Dave Grohl moved more than Brit did.
xoxo

distance

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 11:49:00 am »
sexiness? i've always thought she looked.... slow.

killsaly

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2007, 02:10:00 pm »
that was one of the worst performances i have ever seen.  and she is definitely not 105 lbs.  Yeah she might look ok for someone wtih kids, but she still should have wore something a little less revealing.  I usually hate kanye, but i think he is right about her not being ready and should have waited.  she should of known about this show for a while, so what did she do?  not practice at all?  and also, I wish kanye wouldnt ahve performed stronger at all.  that song is garbage and does daft punk and Edwin Birdsong disservice.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2007, 02:19:00 pm »
The Dave Grohl mention made me think of something:

Back in 1993, at the absolute PEAK of the "Alternative Nation"/grunge mainstream popularity there was another (somewhat) hyped performance on the VMA's.  Guns N Roses, The Black Crowes, Pearl Jam (with Neil Young), U2 and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers all played but everyone was looking forward to Nirvana since there were all the whispers and rumors with regards to Courtney, Frances and how long it took for them to record "In Utero."

And what do we remember from Nirvana's performance?  The passion?  The energy?  The crystalization of a generation's hopes?

No, the bass player throwing his bass in the air and then clocked by it on the way down.

Brian

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2007, 02:26:00 pm »
Why is having kids considered a handicap for someones looks/fitness? She had the youngest one over three years ago. Why would that have any bearing on what she looks like/how fit she is?

No doubt she has hired help that could give her the childcare and personal training that could get her into pre-baby shape.

Originally posted by killsaly:
  that was one of the worst performances i have ever seen.  and she is definitely not 105 lbs.  Yeah she might look ok for someone wtih kids, but she still should have wore something a little less revealing.  I usually hate kanye, but i think he is right about her not being ready and should have waited.  she should of known about this show for a while, so what did she do?  not practice at all?  and also, I wish kanye wouldnt ahve performed stronger at all.  that song is garbage and does daft punk and Edwin Birdsong disservice.

Mobius

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2007, 02:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:

And what do we remember from Nirvana's performance?  The passion?  The energy?  The crystalization of a generation's hopes?

No, the bass player throwing his bass in the air and then clocked by it on the way down.

Brian
That was in 1992 - the year before PJ played w/ NY.

If you watched the show, I doubt your memory is of Novaselic knocking himself out at the end.  

Maybe that's how you remember it via VH1's Top 100 Awesomest Rock Goofballs! or something

killsaly

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2007, 02:41:00 pm »
No thats not a handicap. But a lot of people stay a little chunky after the baby.  And her youngest is not three.  she gave birth to her youngest kid less than a year ago. her oldest isnt even three.  

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Why is having kids considered a handicap for someones looks/fitness? She had the youngest one over three years ago. Why would that have any bearing on what she looks like/how fit she is?

No doubt she has hired help that could give her the childcare and personal training that could get her into pre-baby shape.

[/b]

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2007, 02:42:00 pm »

agreed.  for the average female, its a different story. that being said, some women are back to their pre-pregnancy weight (or damn close to it) within weeks of giving birth with almost no special diet and excercise regiment. while others can bust their ass and will always carry some of that weight on them.

how about the reason for her weight gain is "hey, shes not fucking 19 anymore", and probably more than half of the human population puts on some weight as they cruise through their 20s.

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 02:54:00 pm »
I think alot of people, woman and men, stay chunky after the baby because it's harder to find time and energy to workout now that you've got a kid or kids to take care of. Much more of a time/energy/priorities/motivation issue than anything physical.

Anyway, I stand corrected on her kids ages. I don't really pay much attention to the Britney spectacle.

No thats not a handicap. But a lot of people stay a little chunky after the baby.  And her youngest is not three.  she gave birth to her youngest kid less than a year ago. her oldest isnt even three.  

[/b]
[/b]

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 02:56:00 pm »
right, so let's give britney and her kind a break.  it's not as if the only thing they have to do to earn their gazillions is stay in shape and practice dance moves.

oh, wait.
<sig>

Bags

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007, 02:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by anarchist:
  foos + sod serj doing "holiday in cambodia".  fall out boy + rihanna doing "shut up and drive".  unfortunately mtv cut out early on these two.
You can see the entire 11-song FOO suite performances on MTV.com.  Here's the link.

1.   Foo Fighters - "Shake Your Blood Part 1 (Live)" from Dave Grohl's metal side-project, Probot, with some Motorhead "Ace Of Spades" lyrics thrown in for fun
 2.   Foo Fighters - "Everlong (Live)"  Foo Fighters play "Everlong"
 3.   Foo Fighters - "Best of You (Live)"
 4.   Foo Fighters - "All My Life (Live)"
 5.   Foo Fighters - "The Pretender (Live)" Reunited! Ex-Foo/Nirvana guitarist Pat Smear joins the Foo Fighters
 6.   Foo Fighters - "Holiday In Cambodia (Live)" Foo Fighters and Serj Tankian from System of a Down perform the Dead Kennedys' punk classic
 7.   Foo Fighters - "Darling Nikki (Live)" Cee-Lo from Gnarls Barkley sings lead on a cover of Prince's "Darling Nikki"
 8.   Queens of the Stone Age - "Make It Wit Chu (Live) Queens of the Stone Age perform "Make It Wit Chu" with Cee-Lo from Gnarls Barkley on vox and Dave Grohl on drums
 9.   Mastodon - "Colony Of Birchman (Live)" Mastodon performs "Colony Of Birchman" with the help of Queens of The Stone Age's Josh Homme
 10.   Foo Fighters - "I'll Be Your Sister (Live)" Foo Fighters and Lemmy take on Motorhead's timeless metal classic with Dave Grohl on drums
 11.Foo Fighters - "Shake Your Blood Part 2 (Live)" Motorhead's Lemmy takes the vocal lead as Foo Fighters revisit Probot's song