Author Topic: Bad day for emusic  (Read 2522 times)

Vas Deferens

Bad day for emusic
« on: September 14, 2007, 05:58:00 pm »
Anti- Records and Epitaph Records pulled out of emusic this morning  :(
(_|_)

alex

Re: Bad day for emusic
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 07:22:00 am »
Eh...I already have most of the back albums from the artists on those two that I like, and I think the Weakerthans have the only upcoming release that I was planning on getting.

El Jefe Design

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 08:44:00 am »
Well, there go all the Dropkick Murphys albums I had saved for later...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 09:13:00 am »
Lets hope that the reason Epitaph left doesn't become a trend. They wanted eMusic to raise the price of downloads to .99 cents.

http://17dots.com/2007/09/13/an-epitaph-for-epitaph/  

I would have never paid $11.88 to download and sample the recent Mavis Staples via iTMS.  With my eMusic subscription I was able to legally download it in it's entirety ,listen to and decide it was worth buying on CD anyways because it was worth it.  Silly record label execs...
T.Rex

pj

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:33:00 pm »
Here's another story about Epitaph leaving emusic. I hope emusic just stays the way it is.

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 12:08:00 pm »
I thought this thread would be about the eMusic Remote.  I have yet to get that stable on any computer I've used it on....
27>34

calecp01

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 01:02:00 pm »
Ditto - and now it's required for audiobooks

Originally posted by vansmack:
  I thought this thread would be about the eMusic Remote.  I have yet to get that stable on any computer I've used it on....

El Jefe Design

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 01:11:00 pm »
Pretty excited to get the Audiobooks though I have no clue if I need to sign up for it or if it is a part of my subscription. I really hope I don't have to pay extra.

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 01:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Jefe Design:
  Pretty excited to get the Audiobooks though I have no clue if I need to sign up for it or if it is a part of my subscription. I really hope I don't have to pay extra.
Separate subscription...

Similar to Audible, plans start at $9.99.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »
be very wary about the audiobook subscription, i was  looking around for pricing info, etc clicked on what i thought was for an further info here page and ended getting subscribed with no are you sure, confirmation etc screen. needless to say i'm trying to cancel...
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 05:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  be very wary about the audiobook subscription, i was  looking around for pricing info, etc clicked on what i thought was for an further info here page and ended getting subscribed with no are you sure, confirmation etc screen. needless to say i'm trying to cancel...
I think I did the same thing....
27>34

Random Citizen

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 11:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:
I received an e-mail from a friend and the same thing happened to him.  :(

El Jefe Design

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 08:35:00 am »
I think this is the worst way to do the subscription. I think instead, each book should be like, ten downloads or something. I don't listen to enough audiobooks to justify an extra subscription but if one jumped out at me I would download it...

paul3mac

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 11:37:00 am »
Has emusic done away with Booster Packs?  I went to purchase one and couldn't find the link.
 To make matters worse, I inadvertently clicked on Upgrade Now and without warning was charged $150 for a yearly subscription.  I emailed customer service last Thursday night when this happened to tell them I wanted to revert back to my normal monthly subscription rate, but have yet to hear back.
 ...but yeah, where are the booster packs?

brennser

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 11:42:00 am »
whats the story with the new iron and wine record? is it going to be avail on emusic?