Author Topic: Regina Spektor Roll Call  (Read 1665 times)

killsaly

Regina Spektor Roll Call
« on: September 19, 2007, 01:53:00 pm »
Anybody else going tonight?  I really enjoyed her set at Virgin Fest.  I hope she has a full band at this show though.  This is also my first time to go to Ram's Head, so hopefully I like it since the Spree are heading there soon.

MonkeyPants

Re: Regina Spektor Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 03:33:00 pm »
I'm in, although I am not looking forward to (1) the drive or (2) her terribly annoying fans.  Last time I saw her on tour, she had a band, so I would expect one tonight.
PANTS

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 03:41:00 pm »
why are the fans annoying?

i caught regina at lolla, great set, crowd was fine there - but it was a festival so the the supposed annoying fan quotient would have been dilluted...
<sig>

Cash is King

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 05:00:00 pm »
Got my GF tickets.  If you see two hot girls, one with the bluest eyes ever, and the other one a hot little Italian/Greek girl, that is them.  Hopefully they don't get too wasted before the show.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 06:12:00 pm »
Nothing more annoying than Regina's mouth.
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 06:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Cash is King:
  Got my GF tickets.  If you see two hot girls, one with the bluest eyes ever, and the other one a hot little Italian/Greek girl, that is them.  Hopefully they don't get too wasted before the show.
i bet there will be several men in attendance who hope they DO get too wasted   :D
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 08:57:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:

Originally posted by Cash is King:
i bet there will be several men in attendance who hope they DO get too wasted    :D  [/b]
everyone seems to get wasted at Rams Head, everyone.

killsaly

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 12:14:00 am »
the only guys in the crowd were either gay or with a girl.  there was no groups of just guys. the girl to guy ratio was at least five to one.
 the crowd was annoying.  they talked the whole time.  and the rest of the crowd seemed to be shushing them, making more noise.  
 her performance was great.  it was a little better than her set at virgin fest.  i think the more intimate setting did her music better justice.  she again was solo.  she played piano on most songs, and played guitar on two songs.  one song also had her playing the chair and piano at the same time.  she also did a song with the opener (i think, i missed the opener), and he beat boxed while she sang.
 she put on a solid hour and 30 set, with a 5 song encore.  the encore included a cover of john lennon and fidelity.  Judging by the crowds reaction to fidelity, it was the song everyone had came to see.
 i also really dug the venue and plan on going back.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 09:47:00 am »
good summary.  you neglected to mention that her annoying fans also are average age 18, and insist on singing along loudly and very off-key.  I don't think I'm going to see her again.  I can't stand her fans.  Be grateful that you missed the opener.  He was terrible.  His lyrical abilities could be surpassed by most 5th graders, and he couldn't make up for it with guitar-playing skills or vocal skills.  And he started late.

And Regina was on stage for barely over an hour.  She's friggin incredible, but difficult to hear over all the girls singing loudly and off-key.

I liked the venue, but I doubt I will be driving up there very often for shows.  QOTSA next week.  But I seriously do not understand why they don't just charge you the flat rate for parking when you park instead of after the show.  We waited in line to pay for parking for 20 minutes, only to have to wait in a line of cars to get out.  Bad bad planning city of Baltimore.
PANTS

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 09:50:00 am »
the city of Baltimore does not own those parking lots, btw.  

depending on which one you parked in, you can use a credit card to pay in and out.  

there are i think 3-4 lots closeby. if you dont mind walking a block and a half theres one for $12 i think. anyway, the garages are privately owned, so is Rams Head.  and unfortunately they arent owned by the same company so they dont work together.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 10:39:00 am »
well whoever owns them should seriously consider charging the flat rate upon entry instead of upon exit.  The system they have makes no sense for flat rate parking.
PANTS