Author Topic: Knocked Up  (Read 2235 times)

Chulahoma

Knocked Up
« on: June 04, 2007, 10:01:00 am »
Anyone else see this movie?  I thought it was a little long, but it was hilarious from beginning to end.

manimtired

Re: Knocked Up
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 10:11:00 am »
i saw it last night and was dissapointed.  too many weed/slacker jokes and way too long.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:15:00 am »
I liked it a lot. Judd Apatow is totally one of the best comedy writers of this decade.
‼‼?‼‼

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 10:18:00 am »
loved the movie a lot. some of the jokes were so great, and it was nice to see a good chunk of the freaks & geeks actors yet again. Wonder how many people realize James Franco was in Freaks & Geeks  :)

Lots of great jokes. My favorite about Murderball had me laughing so hard.
HeyLa

Chulahoma

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:21:00 am »
was anyone else expecting the delivery scene??

RustyOrgan

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 10:21:00 am »
Awesome film. Judd Apatow is The Shit!

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 10:27:00 am »
Having seen the exact same thing on video in birth class for the last 12 weeks, it was no big deal.

It would have been much better with hair on it.   ;)  

Overall, the movie was pretty decent, though not as good as its Metacritic score. Weed humor doesn't do much for me, but there were enough other funny moments to make it work ok. It was cool that she chose a drug-free natural childbirth and that he advocated for her.

Originally posted by bizou311®:
  was anyone else expecting the delivery scene??

alex

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 10:30:00 am »
Such a great movie

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 10:41:00 am »
Those who are saying it was such a great movie...why was it a GREAT movie?

K8teebug

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 11:33:00 am »
Looking forward to seeing it.  Freaks and Geeks lived a short tv life!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 11:39:00 am »
Very funny characters. The asian chick was an unexpected surprise...LOL
(_|_)

alex

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 12:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Those who are saying it was such a great movie...why was it a GREAT movie?
It was funny, especially in unexpected moments (ie outside of the 'stoner' moments), the story was good and the characters were identifiable if not likable.  Just my opinion.

eltee

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 12:27:00 pm »
I haven't seen it yet, however, I've heard good things. In addition to the good things everyone here is saying, I think there have been few well written and delivered comedies as of late. Thus, why the movie is [also] doing so well?

Sage 703

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 12:34:00 pm »
I saw it last night.  A few thoughts:

1) It was a great movie that I thoroughly enjoyed.  It was funny throughout without being overly ridiculous and without relying on gross out humor.  It is largely very intelligent, clever comedy that is reliant on outstanding writing.  There is a fair amount of drug humor, so if that isn't your thing - be forewarned.

2) It was WAY more of a romantic comedy than I expected.  This might be the best date movie of the year.

3) Judd Apatow really wants to make sentimental, wholesome movies that are also quite funny.  Knocked Up is like a more sensitive version of Wedding Crashers or 40 Year Old Virgin.  Similar comedy style, but more attentive to the love story and the real emotions that go along with it.

4) Paul Rudd is fantastic.

Overall, I thought it was extremely well done.  Recommeded.

Chulahoma

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 12:36:00 pm »
paul rudd was hilarious..loved the vegas hotel room scene with all the chairs.

Originally posted by callat703:
  I saw it last night.  A few thoughts:

1) It was a great movie that I thoroughly enjoyed.  It was funny throughout without being overly ridiculous and without relying on gross out humor.  It is largely very intelligent, clever comedy that is reliant on outstanding writing.  There is a fair amount of drug humor, so if that isn't your thing - be forewarned.

2) It was WAY more of a romantic comedy than I expected.  This might be the best date movie of the year.

3) Judd Apatow really wants to make sentimental, wholesome movies that are also quite funny.  Knocked Up is like a more sensitive version of Wedding Crashers or 40 Year Old Virgin.  Similar comedy style, but more attentive to the love story and the real emotions that go along with it.

4) Paul Rudd is fantastic.

Overall, I thought it was extremely well done.  Recommeded.