Author Topic: Elvis Costello Releases Two Albums, Tours  (Read 1070 times)

Elvis Costello Releases Two Albums, Tours
« on: January 16, 2006, 09:47:00 pm »
Elvis Costello Releases Two Albums, Tours

New wave's first and favorite angry young man, Elvis Costello, will release two separate albums and tour the US in the early months of 2006. My Flame Burns Blue, a live concert album recorded at the Hague with the Metropole Orkest, will be released on February 28 by Deutsche Grammophon. The album features orchestra-reworked Costello favorites like "Almost Blue," and "Clubland" with "Watching The Detectives" redone as a '50s film noir soundtrack. In May, Costello releases his collaboration with New Orleans R&B legend Allen Toussaint, who penned the immortal "Working In A Coal Mine" among other hits. The River In Reverse(available on Verve Forecast) will include older Toussaint tunes, as well as some new songs and a few joint-authored works. On top of being a collaboration between Costello and Toussaint, The River will feature both the Imposters (Costello's current backing band) and Toussaint's horn section and guitarist. Rounding it all out, Costello will tour the US, opening each show with a local orchestra who will play a suite from Il Sogno and following that up with songs from My Flame Burns Blue. The tour kicks off March 27 in San Francisco.