Author Topic: Fagen Forging Ahead With Solo Tour  (Read 1375 times)

Fagen Forging Ahead With Solo Tour
« on: January 18, 2006, 07:50:00 pm »
Fagen Forging Ahead With Solo Tour

Steely Dan principal Donald Fagen will begin his first-ever solo tour March 1 in New Brunswick, N.J. At deadline, 18 dates were on tap through March 28 in Oakland, Calif. The trek comes in support of his third solo album, "Morph the Cat," due March 7 via Reprise.

On the day of release, the artist will play a hometown show at New York's Beacon Theatre. The tour set list is expected to be dominated by Fagen's solo work, with a sprinkling of Steely Dan material. The makeup of the live band has yet to be announced.

"Morph the Cat" is highlighted by the unique blend of Fagen's imaginative storytelling and the groove-oriented, backing vocal-laden pop for which Steely Dan is renowned.

He woos an airport security screener on "Security Joan" ("Girl you won't find my name on your list / Honey you know I ain't no terrorist"), talks shop with the late Ray Charles on "What I Do" ("He says, 'Don don't despair -- just take some time / You find your bad self -- you're gonna do just fine'") and imagines a "thuggish cult" taking over the U.S. government on "Mary Shut the Garden Door."

On-sale information for the upcoming shows can be found on Fagen's Web site, as well as VIP packages which offer seats in the first 10 rows plus access to soundcheck.

Here are Donald Fagen's tour dates:

March 1: New Brunswick, N.J. (State Theatre)
 March 3: Westbury, N.Y. (North Fork Theatre)
 March 4: Upper Darby, Pa. (Tower Theatre)
 March 6: Washington, D.C. (Warner Theatre)