Author Topic: V Fest  (Read 45240 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: V Fest
« Reply #330 on: May 03, 2007, 08:45:00 pm »
my prediction: there will indeed be one-day passes available on may 19, but they will sell out quickly and afterwards there will still be 2-day passes left.  so my opinion - completely unfounded - is that you're OK to wait, but you'll want to buy your one-day pass the second they go on sale.
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #331 on: May 04, 2007, 04:24:00 pm »
From the buzzlife.com email, confirms what bands are in the tent.

THE VIRGIN DANCE MUSIC TENT in collaboration with Buzzlife --- Saturday August
 4, 2007

Sasha & John Digweed
 Danny Tenaglia
 Felix Da Housecat
 Sander Van Doorn
 Miguel Migs (full band)
 Booka Shade
 Shout Out Out Out Out

+plus on the outdoor stages:

The Police ** Beastie Boys **  Modest Mouse ** TV on the Radio ** Ben Harper and
 the Innocent Criminals ** Amy Winehouse ** Fiction Plane **  The Fratellis **
 Fountains of Wayne ** Paolo Nutini ** Peter Bjorn and John

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 DAY 2:
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE VIRGIN DANCE MUSIC TENT in collaboration with Buzzlife --- Sunday August 5,

Deep Dish
 The Crystal Method (DJ set)
 Infected Mushroom
 Dieselboy and Andy C (doing their first tag team set) with MC GQ and MC
 Messinian
 James Zabiela
 CSS
 Girl Talk

+plus on the outdoor stages:

Smashing Pumpkins ** 311 ** Interpol ** Bad Brains ** M.I.A. ** Yeah Yeah Yeahs
 ** Velvet Revolver ** Wu-Tang Clan ** Matisyahu ** Regina Spektor ** Spoon

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #332 on: May 04, 2007, 05:14:00 pm »
I'm way more intrigued by the dance tent this year.

I take is Sasha & Diggers are ending Friday night. I'll probably be there. I just wanna hear Roxanne by The Po-po.
‼‼?‼‼

lbcardoni

« Reply #333 on: May 04, 2007, 05:21:00 pm »
I hate how it is always a dance "tent"...meaning by the end of the day, it is always so stank and hot inside it is hardly enjoyable.  According to the Buzzlife people there will be some full band sets and the shout outx4 and CSS will be playing the tent as well

wml7

« Reply #334 on: May 05, 2007, 10:13:00 am »
Ok who got their tickets today?????????????  It was like a total of 260 bucks with 2 day pass and parking through ticketmaster.  Anyone know how much it was through the box office or Macy's and that sort?????????????????

Driveway

« Reply #335 on: May 05, 2007, 10:44:00 am »
23 dollars in service charges.

biga0u812

« Reply #336 on: May 05, 2007, 11:33:00 am »
What if u dont get the parking pass where will u have to park if theres parking at all

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #337 on: May 05, 2007, 01:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by biga0u812:
  What if u dont get the parking pass where will u have to park if theres parking at all
Street parking will be severely limited since it is a residential neighborhood.

Some of the neighbors will use this as an opportunity to make a little money by allowing you to park on their lawns, in their driveways or wherever they have to offer. It won't be cheap but it's an option. Just be forewarned that, occasionally, some area entrepreneur will 'appear' to be the owner of the spot but will instead be some shyster taking your money for someone else's property. What happens in that case is purely at the good will, or not, of the owner.

Also, generally speaking, if you choose to park and bus, cab, walk it, east is usually safer than west. The problem with that direction though is that you will find too much hospital and park land to find much in the way of parking. West of the track gets really sketchy, more urban and still tight with parking though being a big day at the track, I would expect much more foot traffic and police prescence (no pun intended). Also, north (across Northern Parkway) is probably better than going south. Either way, it's not going to be a picnic outside of the track.

You can always study the MTA website (Google MTA + Baltimore) to find public transportation options. You can always take a Park and Ride and unlike the DC Metro, parking at their lots is free. The biggest problem is that Baltimore area public transportation totally sucks and is almost non-existent. The real trick will be finding what might go to Pimlico. Look for an east/west line along Northern Parkway if the Metro or Light Rail doesn't do it, which either may well not. If I'm up for it sometime, maybe I'll try to find some suggetions later.

If you opt for the Metro, you might want to drive out to Ownings Mills (NW of Baltimore City) and use their Park and Ride. Or if you opt for the Light Rail, go out to Timonium or Hunt Valley (directly N of Baltimore and north of Towson) and use their Park and Ride. I just don't know the relationship of either in regards to Pimlico. However, if you opt for either via downtown Baltimore, you will most likely have to pay all day to park your car in a private lot or garage. I know it seems counter-intuitive for those coming up from the DC area to drive up further north by a few miles but may well be your ideal option.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #338 on: May 05, 2007, 05:39:00 pm »
go to virginfestival.com

click INFO then GETTING THERE

you will see how to do it

very easy

wml7

« Reply #339 on: May 05, 2007, 06:38:00 pm »
Ok Seth what the heck happened to Chris Cornell??????????????????????????????????????????

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #340 on: May 05, 2007, 07:30:00 pm »
at the last second, he decided not to do it

andyrichter

« Reply #341 on: May 05, 2007, 08:22:00 pm »
hey seth, any idea as to when the set times will be released or is it still way too early to know at this point? thanks!

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #342 on: May 05, 2007, 08:27:00 pm »
Seth, I plan to by my ticket this week when I'm at the club. If I don't buy parking now (because I plan to metro in) but my plans change down the road, can I buy parking seperate at a later date at the box office?

Also, am I correct it's 1 pass/car not per person?

sonickteam2

« Reply #343 on: May 05, 2007, 08:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Seth Hurwitz:
  at the last second, he decided not to do it
wish he would've done that with every soundgarden album.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #344 on: May 05, 2007, 08:45:00 pm »
I got mine on Wednesday, 206$ in total.

We'll see if it's worth it.

Seth - Carnival rides.
‼‼?‼‼