Author Topic: iTunes problem  (Read 1866 times)

HoyaSaxa03

iTunes problem
« on: June 07, 2007, 09:27:00 pm »
Hey, has anyone had this problem with iTunes, and if so do you know how to fix it?

I have iTunes 7.2 running on Vista, and iTunes won't automatically go forward to the next song in a playlist ... it just stops playing when one song is done, and it's absurdly annoying

any ideas?

gracias!
(o|o)

bnyced0

Re: iTunes problem
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by Hoya Paranoia:
  Hey, has anyone had this problem with iTunes, and if so do you know how to fix it?

I have iTunes 7.2 running on Vista, and iTunes won't automatically go forward to the next song in a playlist ... it just stops playing when one song is done, and it's absurdly annoying

any ideas?

gracias!
expensive, but definitely the  solution, get a MAC.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »
somehow all my songs had become "unchecked" during the move to a new PC ... i spent an hour figuring that out!
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 12:42:00 am »
iTunes problems with Vista are well documented.

Each will blame the other, but that does nothing for the user.
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 08:45:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

yeah, this is the only bug i've had so far, but it's actually probably my fault somehow ... it was a bit of an awkward move from one hard drive and music library to another
(o|o)

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 09:24:00 am »
Another bug with iTunes 7 is that the Volume Logic plugin doesn't work   :mad:  This has nothing to do with Vista, however.

Guiny

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 10:44:00 am »
Hoya, I've had the same problem with mine.  I havent been able to figure it out either.  I'm not really bright when it comes to computers, so I didnt expect myself to figure it out anyways.  Its probably pretty easy too.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 10:54:00 am »
Originally posted by Buck Satan:
  Hoya, I've had the same problem with mine.  I havent been able to figure it out either.  I'm not really bright when it comes to computers, so I didnt expect myself to figure it out anyways.  Its probably pretty easy too.
check my post above @ 10:45p

make sure all your songs are "checked"
(o|o)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 11:13:00 am »
another example of why Itunes sucks.    :mad:  

And "get a Mac" isn't a solution.  If you get a Mac, then Itunes is the *only* music software choice available to you.
_\|/_

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2007, 11:46:00 am »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  another example of why Itunes sucks.     :mad:  

And "get a Mac" isn't a solution.  If you get a Mac, then Itunes is the *only* music software choice available to you.
hey, i love iTunes ... i have a crazy and intricate web of smart playlists that keeps an enormous music library together and fresh
(o|o)

kmb187

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2007, 12:06:00 pm »
I've had this problem, too, using XP and with all songs checked. I'm guessing it's nothing you're doing, but a problem within iTunes. Yes, it's annoying. My bigger issue is when iTunes won't let you edit/delete a song from the library without restarting the program; now THAT I find particularly irritating. Good luck with finding a solution!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 12:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by They call me Doctor Doom.:
  another example of why Itunes sucks.     :mad:  

that's not true
o/\o

eltee

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 03:13:00 pm »
I've have an unrelated iPod issue that I've been meaning to ask. Hope it's okay to ask here, Hoya? I updated to version 7.1 months ago, and for a short time, the program didn't work. I reinstalled, deleted, etc. etc. and it finally works (although my iPod still freezes the computer at certain times.)
 My brother wasn't so lucky, his machine crashed after he upgraded.
 Version 7.2 is now available. Do I upgrade again?? Has anyone recently updated to 7.2 and have any issues? If I wait, is that a problem?
 I'm a new user, I'm assuming this is a common problem ala AOL v.5?  :p

ryanbender87

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 12:07:00 am »
yeah, i downloaded to ver 7.2 and now when i try to open iTunes it gives me an error message saying "cannot run because some of the required files are missing. please reinstall iTunes."

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2007, 10:25:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:

my iTunes *library.itl file has been corrupted recently ... is this a typical vista/itunes problem?
(o|o)