Author Topic: VOXTROT ROLL CALL, BITCHES!!!  (Read 7659 times)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
Re: VOXTROT ROLL CALL, BITCHES!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 10:29:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakajima, Fired by Mascis:
  Hey, no problem.

Jerks can come in all sizes, sexes, colors, and clothing. I just got back from Spain, and believe it or not, there are as many rude assholes there as there are in America.

Originally posted by you be betty:

Did your friend Grace see Greek letters on what the "frat boys" were wearing, or does she just make sweeping generalizations that any obnoxious college aged guy must be in a fraternity?

Don't you hate it when people with the wrong hairstyles and clothes go to see your favorite bands? Sure sign that your band has jumped the shark.
Hopefully that wasn't geared towards me, because I'm the last person on earth to judge... [/b]
[/b]
I don't know.  No one was putting down fraternitys...my brother is in a frat at UMD and he's my best friend and my favorite person in the world.  So I don't know.  I think she just said what she did because, well, they were being assholes.  I apologize if you were offended.  But nobody here would be bashing these guys if they had done anything other than just be jerks, and they were being really rude to us.  So I don't really know what else to tell you. [/b]
[/b]
Of course...
 I just wanted you to know that, I don't judge - never appearance-based.  And I wouldn't ever judge.  Ever.  Not anyone I date, not anyone I befriend, not even anyone I decide to deem an asshole.

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 03:48:00 pm »
  Did your friend Grace see Greek letters on what the "frat boys" were wearing, or does she just make sweeping generalizations that any obnoxious college aged guy must be in a fraternity?

Don't you hate it when people with the wrong hairstyles and clothes go to see your favorite bands? Sure sign that your band has jumped the shark.
Hopefully that wasn't geared towards me, because I'm the last person on earth to judge... [/b]
[/b]
I think with all the sweeping generalizations that are employed on this board (the frat boy one being a common one, see any thread that mentions HFStival or Dave Matthews) we all understood what I meant by "frat boys."  In no way was I categorizing every member of a fraternity as such, but that stereotype that has been developed through society fit the situation, and thus was used...

reggie

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2006, 10:55:00 pm »
i thought voxtrot killed it. they were so good. but irving was, uh, kinda pathetic. when im 30 years old i definately do not want to be in a band playing to a bunch of apethic people with choruses that go "L-O-V-E i love you"

you be betty

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 02:47:00 am »
you gotta hand it to those guys though, you really do.  they've been around for a while, writing talented and catchy songs, and they just got screwed by the whole be-someone-powerful's-cute-daughter work ethic in the Silverlake/LA scene.  i feel for them, i really do...

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2006, 10:02:00 am »
Originally posted by reggie:
  i thought voxtrot killed it. they were so good. but irving was, uh, kinda pathetic. when im 30 years old i definately do not want to be in a band playing to a bunch of apethic people with choruses that go "L-O-V-E i love you"
eat a dick.

these are all really nice guys who have been doing the irving thing for a long time, they all have day jobs, and they're enjoying themselves ... what, you have to stop making pop music when you hit 25 or some shit?  they should be a bit more "adult-alternative"?  what's your point?  you're apethic.
(o|o)

reggie

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2006, 06:04:00 pm »
whoops, meant to say "apathetic"
 calm down.
 my point is, it would suck to be in a band that's been working hard for a long time, making music that isnt all that unique, and not getting much attention for it all the while the AARP membership is creeping up.
 i'm sure they are nice dudes. they thanked the crowd only 100 times in a 40-or-so minute set.
 sorry to disrespect your close personal friends. the thing is, when a band releases a record or plays shows to a crowd that isnt there to see them, they open themselves up to criticism. some people arent gonna dig it. that's the name of the game. you don't have to be a little bitch about it.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2006, 06:11:00 pm »
i don't "dig" plenty of shit, but i don't usually attack the bands personally ... and by making ad hominem personal attacks you're opening yourself up to criticism, some people aren't gonna dig it, and you don't have to be a little bitch about it
(o|o)

reggie

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2006, 09:00:00 pm »
how is commenting that a band is old a personal attack?

Van Steenis

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2006, 10:45:00 pm »
dude IRVING is the shit. I listen to that shit all the time. They shouldn't be thanking the crowd so much. We should be thanking them for rocking so freaking hard... FACE! Reggie, you're just sippin' on the hatarade and can't deal with the mad clever IRVING lyrics. Dude, you ARE so apethic. So apethic it's crazy...

(and yes I mean crazy like how crazy good IRVING is!)

Steenis out.

you be betty

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2006, 11:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by reggie:
  whoops, meant to say "apathetic"
 calm down.
 my point is, it would suck to be in a band that's been working hard for a long time, making music that isnt all that unique, and not getting much attention for it all the while the AARP membership is creeping up.
 i'm sure they are nice dudes. they thanked the crowd only 100 times in a 40-or-so minute set.
 sorry to disrespect your close personal friends. the thing is, when a band releases a record or plays shows to a crowd that isnt there to see them, they open themselves up to criticism. some people arent gonna dig it. that's the name of the game. you don't have to be a little bitch about it.
hmm...i was there to see them...