Author Topic: Death Cab Roll Call?  (Read 2742 times)

sonickteam2

Re: Death Cab Roll Call?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2004, 10:36:00 am »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  i now think my DCFC live needs have been fully met, and that i'm not sure i'll go see 'em again.
GOOD!!!  so stop buying up the tickets so i can go see them ONCE.  please, thanks.  :)

jkeisenh

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2004, 10:38:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam2:
 GOOD!!!  so stop buying up the tickets so i can go see them ONCE.  please, thanks.   :)  
Come on, sonick... the tix were on sale for almost two weeks before the thing sold out.  How many times do we have to say it-- if you want to go to a show, buy the damn tickets.  You knew this one would sell out-- they did last time.

xcanuck

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2004, 10:57:00 am »
I have to agree that I wish there was more stuff from Transatlanticism. I think they did alot more new stuff when they opened for Pearl Jam on the VfC show in Reading. But overall, you can't go wrong with a DCfC show.

PGMG was pretty good, too. I'd see them again if they ever came to town. Not much stage presence but the music itself was good.

sonickteam2

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2004, 11:33:00 am »

Originally posted by sonickteam2:
 GOOD!!!  so stop buying up the tickets so i can go see them ONCE.  please, thanks.    :)  
Come on, sonick... the tix were on sale for almost two weeks before the thing sold out.  How many times do we have to say it-- if you want to go to a show, buy the damn tickets.  You knew this one would sell out-- they did last time. [/b]
i know dear, but what makes me want to pay, $46.50 for two tickets?  thats not cool, so i was waiting for the next time i got to DC, which was sept 25....they sold out that morning.

i would have liked to see them, but not at any price   :cool:

eltee

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2004, 12:11:00 pm »
 Let me say that PGMG were definitely a better stage presence than DCFC.
Hmm..I suppose...but both bands are somewhat melancholy (in a good way) in their approach on-stage. Their music is good, but I'm not akeen to the lead singer. So, I thought the set was a bit long.
 DCFC...what can I say...first time seeing them live..they play as smooth as butter.
 Overall, I liked the show. His voice is a little high in pitch for my usual taste, but it's not annoying and it works with their music.