Author Topic: Q and Not U roll call  (Read 1585 times)

walkman

Q and Not U roll call
« on: October 23, 2003, 06:09:00 pm »
Anyone else going down to the Warehouse tonight?

Jaguär

Re: Q and Not U roll call
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 06:15:00 pm »
You never did tell us why Black Eyes cancelled out.

walkman

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 06:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  You never did tell us why Black Eyes cancelled out.
Unfortunately, there was a death in Dan's family.

But pssst...Paige...Hugh is gonna be at the show tonight!

Jaguär

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 06:27:00 pm »
Oh, sorry for Dan. Hope they get to make it up.

Have fun anyway.   :D

walkman

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 12:35:00 am »
Best show they've ever played...and Hugh got up on stage to jam during Line in the Sand.  Fan-fuckin-tastic.

lily1

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 08:29:00 am »
did they have to turn away people at the door like they did at the black cat last month?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 09:18:00 am »
Originally posted by lily1:
  did they have to turn away people at the door like they did at the black cat last month?
I doubt it.  There was plenty of room in the back. I've never seen them before, but I was expecting a bigger crowd.

walkman

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 05:49:00 pm »
Originally posted by Skeeter:

Originally posted by lily1:
I doubt it.  There was plenty of room in the back. I've never seen them before, but I was expecting a bigger crowd. [/b]
No, it wasn't sold out...due to the almost utter lack of publicity (it was only unsecreted after Black Eyes dropped out).

But trust me Skeeter...you'll never again get the chance to see them in that small a venue.

Jaguär

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 05:58:00 pm »
You may very well be right, Walkie. Not that it's MTV or the NME but Insound had their album featured on their homepage about a month ago and 3WK.com has been playing one of their songs along with a couple Q And Not U songs.

walkman

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2003, 06:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:
  You may very well be right, Walkie. Not that it's MTV or the NME but Insound had their album featured on their homepage about a month ago and 3WK.com has been playing one of their songs along with a couple Q And Not U songs.
exactly.  they've pretty much made it, in an underground indie punk kind of way...seeing as they sold out both North Six in Brooklyn and the Black Cat in the past six months.  That being said, their niche is so small, I can't imagine them getting any bigger.  Which is fine by me.