Author Topic: Trouble getting to 930  (Read 964 times)

DaTBoiDaN

Trouble getting to 930
« on: October 30, 2005, 10:16:00 pm »
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of any buses or means of transportation to get to 930 club from Baltimore (more specifically UMBC). My roomate and I have tickets to the Thrice show this thursday, but do not have a ride/means of getting there. Any information would be much appriciated. Thanks

anarchist

Re: Trouble getting to 930
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 12:24:00 am »
marc to union station.  union station to metro.  ends up on u st nw.  not sure of exact routes or times.  i think metro shuts down at 12mid.  marc?

muschi

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 08:38:00 am »
whats the deal w metro shutting down at night. why cant they just run fewer trains to cut cost but still meet the needs of all the drunk party-goers? does anyone kno their rationale for closing vs giving drunks one less option vs driving?

Venerable Bede

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 11:35:00 am »
Originally posted by muschi:
  whats the deal w metro shutting down at night. why cant they just run fewer trains to cut cost but still meet the needs of all the drunk party-goers? does anyone kno their rationale for closing vs giving drunks one less option vs driving?
i think metro is under the impression that the vast amount of drinking occurs on friday and saturday nights, which is why they run until 3 am.  any other day of the week, it's probably not worth it to run them after midnight.

but to answer the initial question- to get there, marc from penn station to union station, then metro.  to get home though, amtrak or cab it, although there may be a late night marc train.  check their web pages.
OU812

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 11:37:00 am »
Marc? Way before midnight.

Originally posted by anarchist:
  marc to union station.  union station to metro.  ends up on u st nw.  not sure of exact routes or times.  i think metro shuts down at 12mid.  marc?