Author Topic: SNL  (Read 20902 times)

Re: SNL
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2021, 04:04:54 pm »
Of course I kid. I've met each of you, and you're all true gentlemen.
Space lies all the time...
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2021, 04:13:11 pm »
I don't think she was naked, but I did appreciate the effort to make me think she was naked.

IMO she was functionally naked (good band name?).  she might have been wearing pasties, mercain, etc. but the guitar and crossed legs were hiding all that anyways.  whether she was truly naked or not is academic (and i have an advanced degree in that field of study... ;D ).

Confirmed Nudity.   https://variety.com/2021/music/news/kacey-musgraves-nude-snl-naked-performance-1235080825/         

« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2021, 04:15:46 pm »
I don't think she was naked, but I did appreciate the effort to make me think she was naked.

IMO she was functionally naked (good band name?).  she might have been wearing pasties, mercain, etc. but the guitar and crossed legs were hiding all that anyways.  whether she was truly naked or not is academic (and i have an advanced degree in that field of study... ;D ).

Confirmed Nudity.   https://variety.com/2021/music/news/kacey-musgraves-nude-snl-naked-performance-1235080825/         
Hmm, now I question the veracity of sweets degree....what what your dissertation on?
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2021, 01:29:01 pm »

Hmm, now I question the veracity of sweets degree....what what your dissertation on?

this article is tangential to my analysis, which still stands.  whether she was actually naked is irrelevant: to the observer, she was.

look, i get it, this is a new field of study for you.  the analogy here is someone who is being introduced to the concept of Schrödinger's cat.  "what do you mean, it's both alive AND dead?" - a normal response from a newb.  you'll get there, eventually.

and for the record, the title of my dissertation was "HERsute: A Temporal Analysis of Body Hair and the Female Form in Printed and Online Media, From the 1970's to the Present".  i can send you a copy, but best to use a personal email address (preferably a throwaway account that you can plausibly deny ownership of...)
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2021, 01:42:12 pm »
to be fair kacey was practically naked in the star-crossed film...that white number she was wearing at one point left little to imagination..

<checks self into creepy old guy therapy>
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2021, 06:23:08 pm »
Last weekend's Saturday Night Live premiere makes history with the series' lowest ratings ever.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2021, 06:58:20 pm »
Last weekend's Saturday Night Live premiere makes history with the series' lowest ratings ever.

Lowest premier ever or lowest episode ever?

vansmack

« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2021, 07:22:41 pm »

It's a bit tricky, because "ratings" are only based on the 18-49 demographic and done by Neilsen, and in that case, it's the lowest ever.  Though, that's not too much of a surprise now with streaming so popular in that demographic (NBC was quick to point out that it was the first to air stream live on Peacock, but that is laughable).  It was both the lowest rating slide year-to-year for a Premiere and the lowest Premiere ever.  Scarlett Johansson's 2015 episode remains the lowest watched episode of all time - 4.7 million viewers.  There were 4.9 million viewers last weekend. 
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2021, 08:06:23 pm »

It's a bit tricky, because "ratings" are only based on the 18-49 demographic and done by Neilsen, and in that case, it's the lowest ever.  Though, that's not too much of a surprise now with streaming so popular in that demographic (NBC was quick to point out that it was the first to air stream live on Peacock, but that is laughable).  It was both the lowest rating slide year-to-year for a Premiere and the lowest Premiere ever.  Scarlett Johansson's 2015 episode remains the lowest watched episode of all time - 4.7 million viewers.  There were 4.9 million viewers last weekend.

My wife signed is up for a free Peacock trial so my kid could watch it live instead of on YouTube Sunday. We don't get NBC.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2021, 08:37:52 pm »

My wife signed is up for a free Peacock trial so my kid could watch it live instead of on YouTube Sunday. We don't get NBC.
How do you not get NBC living in a metro area? Won’t a $8 antenna get you NBC?
LVMH

« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2021, 09:45:51 pm »

he does, he’s just cheap and lazy
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2021, 09:45:55 pm »

You'd think, wouldn't you? We do have  an antenna. We get CBS, ABC, Fox, and a bunch of other stuff. Used to get NBC but can't get it in anymore no matter which way I twist the antenna.

« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2021, 09:48:05 pm »
I don’t believe that is possible
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2021, 10:49:04 am »
The transmitter is 11.8 miles away. Aim your antenna NNE at 28.6 degrees.
https://www.antennasdirect.com/transmitter-locator.html

Space Freely

« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2021, 06:54:40 pm »
Edith Puthie