Author Topic: Where's all the newbies gone?  (Read 3088 times)

mankie

Where's all the newbies gone?
« on: October 24, 2003, 10:35:00 am »
Seems like they disappeared after the JT show....I wish they'd stuck around personally, Cindy was quite the pistol.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Where's all the newbies gone?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2003, 10:46:00 am »
the jt newbie invasion will be nothing compared to the next wave of blink 182 newbies... duck, cover and get your hacker to english translation guides out   :eek:
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 10:50:00 am »
you are correct Kosmo.  I am already planning my Blink 182 jokes and i am ready FoR tHiS kInDa ShIzNiT!!!!!@$$#%^

:)

MaLo

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 11:08:00 am »
apparantly a bunch of my male coworkers went to the last JT show...they were talking about it in a meeting the other day...ugh

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 11:10:00 am »
it's a shame there isn't a webcam outside the 9:30 club right now... i'll bet the combo of blink 182 and manson fans lining up is quite the sight.

here's a thought... anyone gotta a booming car stereo? i think we should load it up with some britpop and garage music.  park it across the street from the club, crank up the tunes and torment us some fans. it could be some interesting people watching this afternoon...
T.Rex

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2003, 11:17:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  it's a shame there isn't a webcam outside the 9:30 club right now...
Why not get SH to install one?  It would be really naff.

Jaguär

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2003, 03:35:00 pm »
An online security webcam. Using the word 'security' may allow for additional tax write-offs. I'm only assuming here, mind you.

Elbow video taped us outside and then projected it up on the backdrop during their show. Damn, I wish I had a clip of that. For once, I actually looked good in a picture.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2003, 03:58:00 pm »
Heh... it's one of the things that gives this board an interesting dynamic, the inevitable influx of newbies after a major show, wandering in dazed and confused and ill-versed in the peculiarities of chatboard netiquette, fresh meat for the regulars to pounce on  ;)
_\|/_

mankie

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2003, 04:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

Elbow video taped us outside and then projected it up on the backdrop during their show. Damn, I wish I had a clip of that. For once, I actually looked good in a picture.
Surprised some American didn't sue for violating their constitutional right to privacy!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2003, 04:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
  Heh... it's one of the things that gives this board an interesting dynamic, the inevitable influx of newbies after a major show, wandering in dazed and confused and ill-versed in the peculiarities of chatboard netiquette, fresh meat for the regulars to pounce on   ;)  
that never happens around here.... oh excuse me i need to floss
T.Rex

Jaguär

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2003, 04:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:

Originally posted by Jaguär:

Surprised some American didn't sue for violating their constitutional right to privacy! [/b]
Don't give anyone any ideas!

flawd101

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2003, 06:32:00 am »
im goin to manson and sadly blink but not stayin there fo r over 12 hrs., i'm leaveing to get those evil tickets for my sister.

and we should pitch in for the camera.  and a water gun attached...

dang036

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2003, 10:34:00 am »
sorry, not all blink fans are mindless, retarded 13 year old girls. although i see your point.

paige

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2003, 11:38:00 am »
Originally posted by dang036:
  sorry, not all blink fans are mindless, retarded 13 year old girls. although i am.

CinSULaxChCk

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2003, 01:20:00 pm »
Mankie... Oh Im still around  :)  I read the board every day... I just havent found anything worth posting about.   :p