Author Topic: 9:30=good, neighborhood=bad  (Read 6838 times)

poorlulu

Re: 9:30=good, neighborhood=bad
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2004, 09:04:00 pm »
i think the bottom line is (as someone else mentioned earlier)
 it doesn't really matter where you are....... you should always keep your wits about you (some will find this harder than others........  :p  )

and it really doesn't matter what you leave visable in a car..........just don't leave anything visable............

really people.........come on.........why leave anything in a car on show.......? it's like when you see people driving and picking their nose or singing .................we can see you.

rockplease

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2004, 09:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by poorlulu:
  i think the bottom line is (as someone else mentioned earlier)
 it doesn't really matter where you are....... you should always keep your wits about you (some will find this harder than others........   :p   )

and it really doesn't matter what you leave visable in a car..........just don't leave anything visable............

really people.........come on.........why leave anything in a car on show.......? it's like when you see people driving and picking their nose or singing .................we can see you.
oh gosh you saw me? i do that all the time, except i pick my nose and sing while im driving. Ahwell its fun. yippie!!!

flawd101

« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2004, 09:29:00 pm »
the metro!!!!

the other day i went to the movies and my side mirrors were stollen.  they also went through all my shit and took the ash tray but couldn't get my shitty radio.  (i wish they did, then i could get a cd player...)

poorlulu

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2004, 09:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by rockplease:
 ]oh gosh you saw me? i do that all the time, except i pick my nose and sing while im driving. Ahwell its fun. yippie!!!
yeah but what do you do with the little excavations...........?

i hope you are not a picker and flicker................?

icky ick........ick

flawd101

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2004, 09:35:00 pm »
You can't see me!!!!

Sir HC

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2004, 02:25:00 pm »
Most shocking incident for me in DC.  Went to the museums on the mall with friends.  Well one was from Vermont, she left her wallet VISIBLE on the back seat.  Plain view.  Shockingly, no one broke into my car to get it.

Only time I have had my car broken into was in baltimore on a side street.  I didn't leave anything in view, hid all well before I parked.

Hiding stuff in advance is usually good enough.  Don't park and put a purse or other valuable in the trunk, yes it is out of view, but still it is known to be there.

Rule of thumb, if the incident doesn't make the paper it was nothing serious, was in vegas this past weekend and the mart across the street from our hotel was blocked off with police tape and about 12 cop cars.  Never made the news, guess it wasn't that bad...

distance

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2004, 02:52:00 pm »
i'd like to take this opportunity to rant about something.
 i showed up this past march for the george clinton show, recording gear in hand because the band allows taping ( http://georgeclinton.com/taping_policy.htm ).

when i got there we were told we couldn't bring the stuff in.  now whenever questions are asked to the faq board about what's allowed and what's not, the statement typically is (if a direct answer isn't available) to bring it to the club and if it's not allowed it'll be put in the office to pick up later).  this being the case, we inquired about doing that until the matter could be cleared up because the band does in fact, despite what we were told at the door, allow taping and this issue could have been cleared up.  the response we got to having the gear in the office was 'no'.   when we brought up that it was never a problem/issue before, the response was simply 'not tonight', so i had to go take thousands of dollars of equipment and put it in my car, which didn't make me too comfortable.
 if my car had been broken into that night, i can't guarantee to be able to convey the extent of what my rage would have been.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2004, 08:06:00 am »
that sucks - let me look into it

Ed?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2004, 08:52:00 am »
Originally posted by Sir HC:

Rule of thumb, ...
I'd just like to point out for this overly pc message board, "rule of thumb" comes from medievel England when it was within the law to beat your wife with any stick/whip that was no thicker than your thumb.

Bad HC, bad, bad HC.