Author Topic: Belle and Sebastian  (Read 20983 times)

Sir HC

Re: Belle and Sebastian
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2003, 05:14:00 pm »
Some setlists are probably worth big bucks to the right people.  I like having some from great shows I have gone to to help remember what I heard.  Heck I have the set list for The Go-Betweens from the old club back in the mid 80's.  It was a great set.  

For shows I was at, sometimes I forget the order or if it is a song I don't know nice to know the name.

Still nothing beats the John Mayer fans wanting his water bottle to get a bit of DNA to clone him (their idea not mine).

bearman🐻

« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2003, 06:29:00 pm »
Personally, I really enjoy having the setlist. I think it's just one of those cool concert momentos. It's even better if the setlist has been handwritten. I've got a bunch of great setlists...Radiohead from Merriweather, Oasis' first show at the old 9:30 signed by Noel Gallagher, the Stone Roses from WUST (signed by the entire band, complete with guitar picks from Manny and John Squire), Bob Mould (handwritten by himself), Belle & Sebastian from Constitution Hall, etc. etc.  It's fun to see what a band played, in what order...I have a bunch of Echo & the Bunnymen setlists, it's just fun to go back and look what they played. It's also interesting to see if they were going to play a certain song, then changed their minds and did something else instead.

Bags

« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2003, 06:38:00 pm »
I think, though, Mankie was talking about when folks on the board ask someone to post the setlist -- i.e., just the list of songs.  Not the physical list from the stage, which certainly has memento value for some.

mankie

« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2003, 06:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bagster:
  I think, though, Mankie was talking about when folks on the board ask someone to post the setlist -- i.e., just the list of songs.  Not the physical list from the stage, which certainly has memento value for some.
Yes, that's what I was asking. I can see some people wanting the actual setlist, like an autograph only better.

paige

« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2003, 06:56:00 pm »
last night on xmu ch 43 (yeah, can you tell i talk about it a lot?) tobi played a ton of new-ish B&S songs, very wonderful. not that that has anything to do with the show or a setlist, i just felt like taking up more space on the thread.

Jaguär

« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2003, 07:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by I Heart Walkie:
  last night on xmu ch 43 (yeah, can you tell i talk about it a lot?) tobi played a ton of new-ish B&S songs, very wonderful. not that that has anything to do with the show or a setlist, i just felt like taking up more space on the thread.
Paige, if Walkie won't marry you, I bet J'Mal will.

paige

« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2003, 07:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Jaguär:

Originally posted by I Heart Walkie:
Paige, if Walkie won't marry you, I bet J'Mal will. [/b]
well, it's always nice to have backup.   :p  but walkie is the best. he loves pirate spazdancing and ft reno in the rain. very lovely, indeed.