Author Topic: thank you jesus, i mean trent  (Read 3264 times)

walkonby

thank you jesus, i mean trent
« on: November 03, 2005, 01:07:00 am »
good lord and gravy, what can i say?  i'm in love with what i saw!  nin f-ing rule, hands down.  now i know . . . this is a bold statement, but the visual orgasm they put on at mci can only be toppled by a pink floyd show.  trent was so on fire that he melted my synaptic gaps, and the images portrayed on the silk screen made me cream my jeans.  am i allowed to say that?  thank you for floor tickets, and thank you for the eclectic fans that left me staring too long at everyone.  trent's been hitting the weights as well, because what a bod he has become; good lord, i feel like a giddy school girl.  now i know what a f-ing awesome concert experience is!!  and queens of the stone age rocked, too.

distance

Re: thank you jesus, i mean trent
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 01:18:00 am »
is he still doing the stuff projected onto a screen sheet in front of the stage? he was doing that 11+ years ago.

set1914

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 01:28:00 am »
Great rock show! The band that he has backing him now I think is the best one he has ever had.

npetting

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 01:49:00 am »
First time witnessing the glory of NIN live.  I creamed my pants as well.  Just unbelieveable, nearly put me to tears.  Anyone got a setlist, wasn't to sure on some of the early QOTSA songs.

anarchist

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 02:26:00 am »
i was not that good.  if a male yells at trent "i love you" during the johnny cash song does that make him gay?

distance

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2005, 02:44:00 am »
i really don't understand the fascination with NIN.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2005, 06:02:00 am »
Originally posted by distance:
WHAT? I can't hear you over that racket!!!

K8teebug

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2005, 08:47:00 am »
It was my first time seeing them also.  Seeing as though I've had a crush on Trent Reznor since I was 14...it was worth the wait.  For the music, and to watch him on stage.  My tits get hard just thinking about that show last night....

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2005, 09:18:00 am »
i'm saving my cream for four skinny Glaswegians wearing suits...
T.Rex

Got Haggis?

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2005, 09:39:00 am »
how were Death from Above?  I didn't make it to the show until late into QOTA set.

But yeah, the stage set / lighting setup for NIN was great.

And twiggy (dunno his real name) is a total spaz on stage.

Guiny

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2005, 09:41:00 am »
Well I can't say that I creamed my pants or my tits got hard, but the girlfriend and I enjoyed the show very, very much. It was great finally going to a concert that was one of her favorite bands. Usually, it's bands I want to see. She had a blast all night, and I had a great time also seeing them for the first time.

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2005, 10:28:00 am »
Originally posted by Got Haggis?:
  how were Death from Above?  I didn't make it to the show until late into QOTA set.

But yeah, the stage set / lighting setup for NIN was great.

And twiggy (dunno his real name) is a total spaz on stage.
Are you kidding me? Jeordie (Twiggy) was just kinda looking lost on stage walking in circles. You wanna talk about a spaz, talk about Aaron, the guitarist. Pretty obvious from the end of trashing the amp cabinet, his guitar, and the drumset too! Jeordie just kinda put his bass down when everyone else threw gear all around!

Trent was in a great mood and said he felt it was going to be a really good show. They had the day off before and he basically was geeking out setting up a mobile studio. The one he had on the bus wasn't working shit all over the place and way to hot.

Gave mad props to the 930 Club as well as Chemlab, but this is the best thing that made me giddy like a schoolgirl (or I guess cream my pants which you all keep saying)

"That was one of the better remixes I've heard and a lot better than stuff I've had to pay for!"

MindCage
 Mindless Faith
 Deep6 Productions
3MTA3

K8teebug

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2005, 10:43:00 am »
Mindcage, that is awesome!  I hope his arms looked as good up close as they did from 50 feet away....

bearman🐻

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2005, 10:54:00 am »
QOTSA set list:

Regular John
 Mexicola
 Go With the Flow
 Everybody Knows That You're Insane
 I Think I Lost My Headache
 In My Head
 Monsters in the Parasol
 Burn the Witch
 Little Sister
 The Fun Machine Took a Shit and Died
 No One Knows
 Song For the Dead

I know I'm in the minority, but I personally though QOTSA kicked NIN's ass. Not that NIN weren't great...for what they are, it's a solid show. But QOTSA (IMO) are better musicians and to me their music is darker and more unsettling. Now before people jump on me, that is only an opinion. You can make arguments for the f-ed up genius of Trent, and that's cool. Trent is dark, he feels your pain, I get it. He partially filled the void left by Kurt Cobain for a lot of folks. But to me QOTSA's music is more intricate, blues, punk, and sick in the vein of what great rock'n'roll should be. There's no gimmick...they just function like a well-oiled machine.

Of course, I really enjoyed the first half of NIN's set until I was cursed by the drunk people taking photos on their cell phones, TALKING on their cell phones (one guy: "DUDE, I'M AT A CONCERT, I CAN'T TALK RIGHT NOW...DUDE, THAT'S F-ED UP!!" and then proceeded to talk to his buddy), bumping into me, and just being obnoxious as hell. Then there was the drunk blonde with the horny short long-haired Asian guy. They were all over each other like stink on crap, and it was just a gross spectacle. No matter where I tried to go it just became difficult to enjoy the music and hang out. Thank God I was left in peace for QOTSA. Great show.

nkotb

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2005, 10:57:00 am »
I'll never forget the first news report I ever saw on NIN.  It was around the time of their video for "Up Above it" (I think that was the name), which looks like a grainy snuff film.  Anyway, the tape was lost somehow, and when it was found, the police thought it was real and had some investigation about it.  

Long story short, I'll never forget the reporter's opening line when he taped a segment from a NIN show: "Nine Inch Nails?  Sounds more like Nine Inch Noise!"

Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:

Originally posted by distance:
WHAT? I can't hear you over that racket!!! [/b]