Author Topic: hfs festival for the dot comrades  (Read 10073 times)

flyingspud

Re: hfs festival for the dot comrades
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2003, 09:04:00 pm »
i believe interpol was also added -- which would make twice in october - woo hoo!

Bags

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2003, 09:02:00 am »
Originally posted by Samantha:

Originally posted by bags:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
 [qb] [/b]
the cure, the furs, interpol, and echo?  some of my very favourite bands...I agree with you bags [/b]
I mentioned in another thread, if Siouxsee were playing as well, hell and high water couldn't keep me from going.  As it is, it's too soon, it's L.A., and I have a family reunion in stuffy connecticut.

mankie

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2003, 09:09:00 am »

I'm in the same prediciment.  Is it me, am I old, or do these lineups suck?  I went to a number of HFStivals in the mid-90s and saw some great bands, both indie and 'mainstream alternative', but they haven't appealed to me in the last four or five years at all.  It's kind of a shame.  Thing is, I don't give a rat's ass about spending $40 anymore, but why waste my time on bands I don't like and fighting the teenage crowds? [/b]
Here here! you and I must be kindred spirits or something bags...I've been in agreement with just about every comment you make....I just don't express my thoughts quite as eloquently as you though...but you can't take the Manchester out of the boy so I make no excuses!  ;)

eros

ʎɐʍou

andyrichter

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2003, 06:58:00 pm »
duran duran was just announced as an addition.  check out their website www.duranduran.com and look.  and the plot thickens........

Bags

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2003, 05:22:00 pm »
Still waiting on siouxsee sioux.

;)

Guiny

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2003, 05:49:00 pm »
  Still waiting on siouxsee sioux.

;)  
Hey bags did you see her at Nation, i believe it was last year? I love her music but i was disappointed with the show, i only recognized two songs and i know a whole lot more than that. I guess she musta played all new stuff, if she has any.

Bags

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2003, 01:11:00 pm »
I did see that show.  I thought it was good, but I saw her more recently in NYC at Roseland Ballroom, and it was a fantastic show.  They played a lot of old stuff -- it was last fall sometime.  

But I'm pretty easy, if they play "Christine," "Spellbound" and "Dazzle," maybe "The Killing Jar" as well, I leave the place floating on clouds and secure about all that is good in the world.

mankie

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2003, 01:58:00 pm »
  I did see that show.  I thought it was good, but I saw her more recently in NYC at Roseland Ballroom, and it was a fantastic show.  They played a lot of old stuff -- it was last fall sometime.  

But I'm pretty easy, if they play "Christine," "Spellbound" and "Dazzle," maybe "The Killing Jar" as well, I leave the place floating on clouds and secure about all that is good in the world.
Did anyone ever hear the duet Siouxsee did with Morrissey? I bought it on vinyl when it came out but some twat nicked it before I had a chance to listen to it, and I've never seen or heard of it since.

markie

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2003, 02:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
   I've never seen or heard of it  
Nor have I. Was it post Viva Hate as I stopped caring soon after that.

I did have a copy of Moz and Pete Burns at the royal Albert Hall though.

Bags

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2003, 02:43:00 pm »

Did anyone ever hear the duet Siouxsee did with Morrissey? I bought it on vinyl when it came out but some twat nicked it before I had a chance to listen to it, and I've never seen or heard of it since. [/b]
Wow.  They stole it *before* you even listened to it?  Almost sounds like an urban legend, mank.  Would love to hear that....

ggw

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2003, 02:57:00 pm »
  Did anyone ever hear the duet Siouxsee did with Morrissey? I bought it on vinyl when it came out but some twat nicked it before I had a chance to listen to it, and I've never seen or heard of it since.
It's called Interlude and it's available on Gemm.com for anywhere from $5 - $60.

http://www9.gemm.com/ddc/search.pl?sid=363750758&key=20472&disp_ad_format_mode=0&artist=MORRISSEY&title=INTERLUDE&

ggw

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2003, 03:04:00 pm »

markie

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2003, 03:08:00 pm »
gemm.com looks pretty good.

have you ever used it, GGW?

ggw

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2003, 03:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:
  gemm.com looks pretty good.

have you ever used it, GGW?
No, but I have referred a couple of other people, who have had positive experiences.

I think that the sellers are rated -- so try to stick to someone who is rated highly.