Author Topic: hfs festival for the dot comrades  (Read 10071 times)

markie

hfs festival for the dot comrades
« on: August 15, 2003, 06:04:00 pm »
Dear Mark,

You've heard the rumors. Another HFStival this year? IT'S TRUE!

HFStival 2003 - The Fall Edition
 Saturday, October 4th
 RFK Stadium

Beginning this Monday, August 18th at 10:00 AM, you can access the HFStival - The Fall Edition online ticket pre-sale. Just like the last 3 HFStivals, tickets are still priced at only $39.00! (That's roughly $1.00 for every artist you can see at this year's show). But, be warned, these pre-sale tickets will be available for a limited time only!

Tune in to 99.1 HFS for the line-up announcement, this Monday, August 18th at 7:00am, with the Junkies in the Morning!

Tickets for the general public don't go on sale until Saturday, August 23rd at 9:00 AM through Ticketmaster, but YOU, my friend, happen to be an HFS.Comrade, and YOU can get tickets before everyone else. Here's how:

Just go to <http://www.whfs.com/hfstivalfalledition/presale.html>http://www.whfs.com/hfstivalfalledition/presale.html. On that page, you'll find more ticket information , a link to Ticketmaster.com(available Monday, August 18th at 10:00 AM), and the secret password that you'll need to use. It's that simple. (If you encounter any problems during this process, call us at 301-306-3735 and we'll walk you through it).

This is our way of saying "Thank You" for listening to WHFS, and for allowing us the privilege of having you as an esteemed HFS.Comrade. Remember, WHFS maintains strict privacy standards for all HFS.Comrades at all times.

We'll see you at HFStival 2003 - The Fall Edition!

--Your fellow HFS.Comrades at 99.1 HFS

Jaguär

Re: hfs festival for the dot comrades
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2003, 06:12:00 pm »
I got one of those too.

Wonder what crap bands they have lined up?

Guess it's okay for me to make other plans that day.   :roll:

JenR

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2003, 06:24:00 pm »
i hope it is better than last years

dtqjr

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 07:34:00 pm »
Originally posted by JenR:
  i hope it is better than last years
All the hope in the world isn't going to stop another shitty HFStival.  Go ahead and try.

andyrichter

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 09:16:00 am »
here's the lineup announced so far:
 staind
 deftones
 rancid
 eve 6
 rooney
 oar
 thrice
 citizen cope
 yellowcard
 brmc

Summerteeth

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 09:40:00 am »
Why did they have to throw in Citizen Cope?  Now I might have to go just to see his 30 minute set.

jadetree

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 09:43:00 am »
Originally posted by Summerteeth:
  Why did they have to throw in Citizen Cope?  Now I might have to go just to see his 30 minute set.
Why?  He plays around town all the time.

myuman

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 09:50:00 am »
Why doesn't HFS broaden it's appeal a little bit?  I usually go to these festivals to see the 4 or 5 bands I want to see.  In the spring that number diminished to 2 (Hot Hot heat and blur... yeah, I know Jane's was added, but I didn't count on it).  Blur dropped so I stayed home.  This lineup shows only BRMC on my list... meaning I'll probably be on my porch again.  I believe the "kids" will show even if only a few crap bands are booked.  Possibly even throwing in a handfull of bands to get some baby boomers out..... the festival is way too one sided, and you'd think the gate sales would prompt someone to reconsider their approach.

jadetree

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 10:15:00 am »
Originally posted by myuman:
  Why doesn't HFS broaden it's appeal a little bit?  I usually go to these festivals to see the 4 or 5 bands I want to see.  In the spring that number diminished to 2 (Hot Hot heat and blur... yeah, I know Jane's was added, but I didn't count on it).  Blur dropped so I stayed home.  This lineup shows only BRMC on my list... meaning I'll probably be on my porch again.  I believe the "kids" will show even if only a few crap bands are booked.  Possibly even throwing in a handfull of bands to get some baby boomers out..... the festival is way too one sided, and you'd think the gate sales would prompt someone to reconsider their approach.
HFS has not really changes their playlist much since the mid-nineties from what I hear of it, why would they try and broaden their appeal with their concerts?

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 10:40:00 am »
I didn't get one of those emails. Guess I'm not part ofthe target market.

ggw

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2003, 10:50:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
I guess Markie is.  I think that band Yellowcard must be some sort of English footie band.

markie

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2003, 11:01:00 am »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
I guess Markie is.  I think that band Yellowcard must be some sort of English footie band. [/b]
I signed up when I first got here, hfstival used to have things like smashing pumpkins and Beck, bigger American acts that I once liked........

Either I am getting old or HFStival is getting incrementally worse..... I wonder have ticket sales and prices suffered, please say they have to massage my ego.

Guiny

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2003, 11:07:00 am »
I just go for the heck of it. I dont know 3/4's of the bands but its a festival with lots of people. I figure if the people on this board don't like the music then it must be worth a try to listen too. Can't be any worse then The Eel's.

ggw

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2003, 11:14:00 am »
Originally posted by Anton Newcombe:
  I signed up when I first got here, hfstival used to have things like smashing pumpkins and Beck, bigger American acts that I once liked........

Either I am getting old or HFStival is getting incrementally worse..... I wonder have ticket sales and prices suffered, please say they have to massage my ego.
They have.  Back in the day, it would sell out in a couple of hours.  I think the last couple have not sold out at all.

markie

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2003, 11:36:00 am »
Originally posted by Guiny:
   Can't be any worse then The Eel's.
Guiny, how old are you?