Author Topic: prison sex  (Read 14912 times)

Ikarus

prison sex
« on: January 15, 2005, 05:34:00 am »
why does the treatment of prisoners at guantanamo bay and abu gharib warrent attention that is never bestowed upon americans in correction facilities?

i mean, its not like any of those dudes are gonna be released into the general population of this country...

walkonby

Re: prison sex
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 02:28:00 pm »
why do we care about prisoners at all; they commit crimes . . . remember???

go watch Oz, if you want to see some prison time.

Sir HC

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 02:36:00 pm »
Read the book "Shit Magnet" by Jim Goad if you want to know of the hell in US prisons and why we send people there.  Really intense reading.  Also great if you want an empty seat next to you on the subway or a plane.

Jaguär

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 03:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
 Also great if you want an empty seat next to you on the subway or a plane.
My luck, I'd end up with some pervert sitting next to me!

andyrichter

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 03:15:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sir HC:
  Read the book "Shit Magnet" by Jim Goad if you want to know of the hell in US prisons and why we send people there.  Really intense reading.  Also great if you want an empty seat next to you on the subway or a plane.
I've seen American Me.  I don't need to know any more about men raping men in prison.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2005, 07:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by likorice:
  why does the treatment of prisoners at guantanamo bay and abu gharib warrent attention that is never bestowed upon americans in correction facilities?

i mean, its not like any of those dudes are gonna be released into the general population of this country...
maybe because we invaded Iraq pretending that we were going to give Iraqis a better life than they had under Sodom?
_\|/_

lionforce5

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 01:38:00 am »
It's "Saddam," or was your misspelling intentional? (Although I'm sure that there are those in the Government and country who did feel that Iraq was a Sodom that needed to be "purified" in the biblical sense.)

Guiny

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2005, 08:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by walkonby:

go watch Oz, if you want to see some prison time.
That is just a movie and nothing like real prison life. Trust me, I've worked it.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2005, 09:09:00 pm »
I'm sure it's no coincidence that Charles Graner worked in corrections back here in the states before going to Iraq.  I'm sure there are abuse stories just waiting to come out from that part of his life, too.
_\|/_

hitman

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2005, 03:21:00 am »
The problem is that the US made such a big deal out of the "we're better than they are" argument and that "we were going to give them freedom", that these pictures and such put that to bed.  So then it becomes a big news story.

No matter what, there are atrocities in the American prison system.  However, prisoners aren't necessarily getting beaten for information and such, they were they are/were in Iraq and Gitmo. Most of the atrocities in American prisons are comitted inmate against inmate.

I acutally feel that these guards/military personnel that are going to jail are being made scape goats.  I can't believe that in today's society, in today's military, that underlings can be so cavalier in their attitudes/approaches to accomplish something like this, without any orders from the top.  I'm sure they had orders to interrogate the piss out of these people in hopes to get information on the infamous disappearing WMD's (that were never found), and to do it by any means necessary.  Now they are getting fucked, and will become prisoners themselves.  I'm not saying their right, and shouldn't suffer some punishment, but so should the people above them as well.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2005, 06:29:00 am »
Look at the prisons in Texas, Iraq and Gitmo....all have the same gaffer. Coincidence?????

The military personell who are going to prison for actually doing the abusing deserve to rot in jail. Speaking as an ex-military (10+ years) member, this "I was only taking orders" shit only goes so far. I would rather have been court marshalled for disobeying a direct order than doing what they did to those people. And can you imagine ever actually getting proscecuted for it? "So, what order did you disobey?" "Well................

They impeached Clinton for getting a blowjob, but this fucker gets away with murder.....literally!

Guiny

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2005, 09:20:00 am »
Well I honestly have no sympathy for any insurgent that gets humiliated or slightly tortured when the results of our prisoners are beheadings. Ten years in prison is too long for following orders, I agree mostly of what Mankie said, but from experience, disobeying a lawful order isn't as easy as saying "no" when their are probably more than one person ordering you to do it.

Sir HC

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2005, 10:22:00 am »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  Well I honestly have no sympathy for any insurgent that gets humiliated or slightly tortured when the results of our prisoners are beheadings. Ten years in prison is too long for following orders, I agree mostly of what Mankie said, but from experience, disobeying a lawful order isn't as easy as saying "no" when their are probably more than one person ordering you to do it.
It wasn't insurgents that they were doing this to.  It was random Iraqis pulled off the streets.  

This guy's parents had a good comment, he would have been arrested for not following orders too.  So he could not win.

Guiny

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2005, 10:42:00 am »
Yup, he was in a no win situation.

sonickteam2

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2005, 10:52:00 am »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:
  Yup, he was in a no win situation.
yeah, Iraq.