Author Topic: The Damned  (Read 1711 times)

Metal Meltdown

The Damned
« on: August 18, 2003, 02:19:00 pm »
anyone else gonna catch this show with me? they play Ottobar this Wednesday on a night off from the Jerry Phoney Fiend Fest Disaster...which migrates to the incredibly cheesy Thunderdome the very same night. I guess the Damned actually felt like getting paid on the remaining dates....

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: The Damned
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2003, 09:20:00 am »
i'll be there... having been wanting to see the damned every since the captain rejoined a few years back.  i think the ottobar will be a kwel place to check em'
T.Rex

Metal Meltdown

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 11:06:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  i'll be there... having been wanting to see the damned every since the captain rejoined a few years back.  i think the ottobar will be a kwel place to check em'
excellent! I caught them last year as well..the set seems to be about the same, you can expect most of these in some mixed up order depending on what they feel like playing that night..

Ignite
 Street of Dreams
 History of the World
 New Rose
 Nasty
 Disco Man
 Song.Com
 Just Cant Be Happy Today
 Love Song
 See Her Tonight
 Neat Neat Neat
 Democracy
 13th Floor Vendetta
 She
 Smash it Up
 Amen
 Wait for the Blackout

and occasionally if enough insults are hurled and requests made..the Captain may sing "Happy Talk"
   :p  

Im hard to miss, look for my Ace of Spades tattoo, come and say hi if you get a chance.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2003, 08:43:00 am »
i can't believe that it took me this long to finally see any version of the damned in concert.  i had a smile on my face the  entire show.

dave vanian is quite possibly the coolest individual on the planet.  captian sensible is quite the quotable person and guitar playing loon.
T.Rex

Metal Meltdown

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2003, 01:46:00 pm »
  i can't believe that it took me this long to finally see any version of the damned in concert.  i had a smile on my face the  entire show.

dave vanian is quite possibly the coolest individual on the planet.  captian sensible is quite the quotable person and guitar playing loon.
we got a "special" show last night since they were so glad to be off the Fiend Fest, they cant stand Jerry Only..hhahha..they dont normally do a 20 song set..probably the best set ive ever seen from them. Sensible's bit about fans challenging Jerry to benchpress contests before the shows was hysterical.

I spoke with Dave and Monty at length, both super nice guys. He said he is hoping to have the Phantom Chords out on the road on the west coast in October. I may have to visit Cali again to see that:) I tried talking with Sensible, even brought him beer, he is a little "flaky" though, he seemed more interested in all my friends who were cute girls..hahaa

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2003, 03:03:00 pm »
were you hanging by the stage near the captain?  i spent  most the evening wandering between the upstairs lounge and the upper deck sitting area along side.  except of course during the damned....
T.Rex

Metal Meltdown

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2003, 03:21:00 pm »
  were you hanging by the stage near the captain?  i spent  most the evening wandering between the upstairs lounge and the upper deck sitting area along side.  except of course during the damned....
I was up front leaning against the Captains monitor. The girl he brought on stage was one of my friends. I got there early and talked with him, like I said, he is a nut.. talked with Dave and Monty after the show for about 20-30 minutes outside the bus, they were very approachable.