Author Topic: wishlist  (Read 2287 times)

Ikarus

wishlist
« on: February 28, 2003, 11:08:00 am »
with buzz shut down and a lack of non-esl/beautiful people dance nights in the city, my 930 wishlist looks like this:<P>ritchie hawtin--why should nyc have all the fun?  i don't know if he still does the all-out a/v production, but the 930 is a great venue for what he can do.<P>planet of the drums--or dieselboy, at least<P>dj spooky--he owned the room opening for bukem a while back<P>uberzone--oldies but goodies<P>bassbin twins--will never happen, but a boy can dream<P>some 2-step--cole, bias, streets, whatever.<P>basically, i'm just lazy and don't wanna drive to b-more to get a groove on.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: wishlist
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2003, 11:46:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ikarus:<BR><B><P>ritchie hawtin--why should nyc have all the fun?  i don't know if he still does the all-out a/v production, but the 930 is a great venue for what he can do.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>richie hawin @ the 9:30 club would be TOPS in my  book!  i've only seen him spin a couple of times,  but this latest gigs in and around detroit have been  just epic in length something i wish i could have been there for.  and everytime he spun at buzz it was always on the bill with djs i could give a toss about so i passed.<P>he once spun so long that they reopened the bar the next day.
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2003, 12:03:00 pm »
yeah, Richie Hawtin changed my life in 1993 i believe.  or LSD. but i think it was him!!<BR>  problem is that DJs get paid SOOO much money, and turnout just doesnt work.<P>  i promoted for someone who did some electronic music parties at 930 (fatboy slim, juan atkins, lee burridge) and although the Fatboy Slim show sold out, the other 2 or 3 just bombed, maybe 300 people TOPS. and with DJs getting 10,000 a pop, even at $30 a head...well, you do the math.<BR>  plus, i thought all DC was was beautiful people    <P>Uberzone IS playing at Sonar in Baltimore in May and Sonar is a very nice place.<BR> <A HREF="http://www.sonarlounge.com" TARGET=_blank>www.sonarlounge.com[/url]    <----check it

ggw

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 12:04:00 pm »
Mankie loves DJs.

sonickteam2

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2003, 12:04:00 pm »
also , just to be annoying Richie Hawtin is playing at Coachella.<P>sorry just excited.

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2003, 01:01:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B> Uberzone IS playing at Sonar in Baltimore in May and Sonar is a very nice place.<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>uberzone's last album was a bit of a let down for me. he's a super nice guy and i really dig good electro, but it felt much more contrived than his previous work. in fact, the only stand out tracks in my mind were ones that had been previously available for quite some time (2Kool4Skool and Black Widow). and seeing as how it took forever for it to see the light of day, i was a bit shocked to see Botz on there, padding the tracklist. i will say it was quite interesting to hear him working with page hamilton though, although it didn't turn out as cool as i would've hoped.<BR>

Ikarus

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2003, 01:11:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B>  the other 2 or 3 just bombed, maybe 300 people TOPS.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>try 50 people by the time juan played.  i guess he missed his plane, so he didn't arrive till 3 or 4am.  but he's a deal where you never heard of him if you're not a head, and if you are a head, you know juan bombed out long ago.  didn't help that the opening dj's were nobodies.<P>

sonickteam2

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2003, 01:24:00 pm »
yeah, i have seen Juan Atkins so many times, and either nobody cared, or he was, god forbid, THE headliner, no one even showed.<P> Not even in NYC where techno is supposed to rule, does anyone care.<P><BR> Djs are starting to bore me anyway.<BR>

markie

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2003, 01:27:00 pm »
If you want to pay a lot of money to watch somebody play records why dont you come round my house tonight with a big bunch of Benjamins.......

Dandy01

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2003, 01:50:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ikarus:<BR><B><BR>some 2-step--cole, bias, streets, whatever.<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>did you say The Streets?  because he's doing a mini US tour:<P>03-11 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey Theatre <BR>03-14 San Francisco, CA - Bimbo's <BR>03-15 Seattle, WA - Chop Suey <BR>03-17 Chicago, IL - Metro <BR>03-19 Brooklyn, NY - Warsaw <BR>03-20 Boston, MA - Paradise <BR>03-22 Miami, FL - Ultra Music Festival <BR>