Author Topic: the good life...  (Read 1499 times)

wingelbert humptyback

the good life...
« on: March 02, 2003, 04:27:00 pm »
<BR>rocked it. tim kasher has really got it going on and the whole band sounded especially tight last night. rilo kiley, on the other hand, i can live without. they don't offend me, but they are more than boring enough to make me wonder how they ever got so popular (although a fair amount of people did seem to bail after GL - who should've been headlining). though i will say i was enjoying the amount of random people screaming out "awful waffle" and boy meets world related comments. what's even funnier is blake sennet has like zero sense of humor about it. he needs to get over it.

jadetree

Re: the good life...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 11:45:00 am »
Rilo Kiley were by far the best band of the night.  Good Life were nowhere near as good as the last time they were at the Black Cat.  Rilo Kiley played the only good set of the night.

markie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2003, 11:52:00 am »
much as I hate to concur with Jadetree...I must.<P>The good life really didnt get the crowds attention at all, which surprised me as when they played with whichever shitty band it was before, the good life seemed really up for it and got plenty of crowd involvement. To me it just looked like the singer of the good life was just going through the motions. But I guess that is the problem if you have too many projects and are not fully commited to one band?<P>I did enjoy Rilo Kiley, but by the time they came on my attention had been destroyed by booze and the dirge of the first two acts.

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2003, 12:18:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>But I guess that is the problem if you have too many projects and are not fully commited to one band?<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've never really felt that Tim Kasher is being stretched too thin between his two projects at all. In fact, I think the Good Life and Cursive are individually a good deal better than most bands made of people only focusing on their one act. But you could be right in the fact that he's touring his ass off right now (just coming off one cursive tour and about to start another) and that has to take it's toll on almost anyone.<BR>The more I think about Rilo Kiley's performance the more I hope to avoid ever seeing them again (watching any band you don't like twice is probably too much for most people anyway). Like I said, I wasn't offended by the show at the time, but in retrospect I am finding it more distasteful than I had initially thought. It's hard to be put off by something middle of the road, but that's exactly what I am finding is most off putting about them (especially considering their growing fanbase and the amount of glowing press). Oh well, to each his own.