Author Topic: ikara colt  (Read 2131 times)

wingelbert humptyback

ikara colt
« on: March 03, 2003, 01:49:00 am »
<BR>so did anyone make it out? i wasnt blown away by washdown, but they werent too bad i suppose. and ikara colt didn't live up to my expectations, but i thought they were pretty strong, especially considering how bad their sound was for most of the set. i actually made a small complaint to a friend of mine who was managing last night and he went and got it sorted out to the best of his ability. unfortunately, they didnt get a soundcheck in prior to the show, so there wasnt much that could be done and no one was really to blame. still, i thought they were solid enough and would've been even more so with a nice loud sound and plenty of excited people. <BR>

Relaxer

Re: ikara colt
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 09:00:00 am »
Man, maybe it was something in the air, but I thought last night's show was GREAT. Missed half of the Washdown's set, and was disappointed because the last couple songs were very good. I could see them getting somewhat big because from what I could hear, the songs were good, they were delivered well and the band looked good on stage too.<BR>Ikara Colt was also great. I'm a fan of a line-up that has a singer out front (as opposed to playing guitar), and the guitar player was holding up her end (alone) really well, though she was often buried in the mix. <BR>Sahara Hotnights were better than I expected. I think their album is only okay, and figured they'd get up there and play the songs straight-forward, one after the other. Which they basically did, but they looked and sounded great. <BR>Three good bands for ten bucks. Can't beat that.
oword

fuzzy boner

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 05:32:00 pm »
anyone got a setlist?  i'm an ikara colt fan who couldn't make it...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 09:07:33 pm »
god . . . we need more forumers today with names like these.  relaxer, you dont count.

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 09:39:14 pm »
Fuzzy Boner?
احمد