Author Topic: comments on new forum  (Read 20953 times)

markie

Re: comments on new forum
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2003, 07:16:00 pm »
Originally posted by Doctor Doom:
  That "jump to newest posts" feature should be enacted immediately!  Also, I recommend formatting the screen so it's a bit wider.

Finally, every time I go to the old forum, which I keep forgetting to un-bookmark, I get a page that says "hack attempt logged."   That's kinda scary.     :eek:  
Ahh Doctor Doom, you are a genius. I bet that is the problem I guess that Dupek is having. I thought he would have worked that out......

I will ask him

Joymonster

• MySpace
« Reply #106 on: May 22, 2003, 11:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:

also does anyone know of other people not being able to log on?  
Hmmm... haven't seen any "newbies" posting here since this new forum transformation.

Samantha

« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2003, 07:10:00 am »
not that anyone cares, but I like it either way  :D   just to put my two cents in.

Bags

« Reply #108 on: May 27, 2003, 03:44:00 pm »
Oldest post first.  It's the way just about every other forum works, and people get used to it very quickly.  Maybe you'd have more 'regular posters' if the board made more intuitive sense.

Honestly, the regulars will get used to it...if you're really here that much, you'll know that in the "Bitchin' Camaro" thread, you're on page three.  

It's so obvious it's just an issue of change -- the blue was a pain (not that the purple is much better, but it's only one line per post).

I'm not trying to piss anyone off, but if you're really that concerned with hyper-speed virtual conversations, go into a chat room.

markie

« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2003, 04:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by bags:
  Oldest post first.  It's the way just about every other forum works,
so are other forums necessarily right?

You appear to be the only newbie for a while, the frontpage not having a teaser really does not help that in my opinion.....

And I have never found a chat room worth reading.

It was much more enjoyable the other way around, on dialup with pictures posters its especially annoying . As soon as a new pic is decoded the page keeps moving up.

This was not an issue with the forum the other way around.

Bags

« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2003, 05:44:00 pm »
I'm not a newbie, despite the # of posts listed for me.  Though I will not dare argue with anyone with over 6700 posts.

I have a cable connection, so have been completely unaware of the issue you raise.

And no, every other forum isn't necessarily right, but I think it shows that people can work with it, and quite well in fact.

Wonder if any of this discussion is being taken in by the moderators for possible changes??

mankie

« Reply #111 on: May 28, 2003, 09:58:00 am »
I've just got used to it this way so you'd better not even THINK of changing it now!