Author Topic: comments on new forum  (Read 20954 times)

evilsatan

comments on new forum
« on: May 17, 2003, 01:21:00 pm »
hello all

your comments on the new forum software please

love

evilsatan

Jaguär

Re: comments on new forum
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2003, 01:39:00 pm »
Hi, oh Evil One!   :p  

Not sure yet, but I think I like the most recent post being displayed at the top so we don't have to scroll down every time. A little soon to tell yet.

Would be nice if we still were able to display email addresses and websites in our bios. (Unless I've missed something.) A member directory would be cool too. Am I asking for too much!?

Thanks for all of your work. It's obvious that you've put a lot into this. It is very much appreciated!
    :cool:

Jaguar
   :cool:

poorlulu

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2003, 07:53:00 pm »
i tend to agree with jag here........

i think i prefer when the newest posts are at the top then you don't have to constantly have to scroll down to read the new posts but i guess it's a little to soon for criticism........but i'll ream you next week about the same issue i'm sure...............

poorlulu

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2003, 07:59:00 pm »
i tend to agree with jag here........

i think i prefer when the newest posts are at the top then you don't have to constantly have to scroll down to read the new posts but i guess it's a little to soon for criticism........but i'll ream you next week about the same issue i'm sure...............

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 09:41:00 pm »
hmmm... is it me or was there a button above the post on the old sw to make do a reply without quotes... now you have to scroll to the top just to post a reply.  another reason to have the posts reversed.

the ubb code buttons are nice addition!

and i'm still a moderator   :cool:
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 10:07:00 pm »
any chance of putting back the search feature?  my brain is like a sieve and once in awhile i like looking up an old comment.
T.Rex

lily1

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2003, 10:56:00 pm »
i'm loving the ubb code. that's a great feature. i would like to have the most recent posts at the top though and not at the bottom. and perhaps a post from the administrator quickly outlining the new features because i'm sure i'll miss more than a few of them. thankie!

RonniStar

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2003, 12:10:00 am »
I like the new forum.

paige

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2003, 10:52:00 am »
to be honest, i hate new things. haha. i miss the old forum because it just seemed a lot easier to use. then again it's too soon to tell and i'm sure that i'll adjust. but i do like the most recent reply on top as well. i like to see how far off topic everyone has gotten  :)  why did you guys change it anyway? but still, good job.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2003, 11:48:00 am »
no, keep oldest posts at top...it makes 100x more sense the way it is now.  Think about it, if you have a new post you haven't read that is 5 pages long...doesn't it make more sense to scroll down reading, then hit the next page scroll down, etc...rather than the old way where you had to first go to the last page, then scroll up...it just doesn't make sense that way, sorry.
   :D

evilsatan

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2003, 12:49:00 am »
i changed the forum software because the old software would not run on the new server

i can't make up my mind about oldest to newest posts order....we had this discussion last time around and i don't really remember how we resolved it....probably whatever seth like best... ;)

i suppose i could make a post about all the new features...but i don't have a clue as to what they are  ;)

and thanx for the cool evil satan avatar thingy... i'm liking that

i will change the colors back

G.Love

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2003, 02:28:00 am »
just want to see what my member number is???

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2003, 05:12:00 am »
there is a link at the top left of the page that allows you to jump to new posts.  no need to scroll.  

if a thread has more than one page, there are links to each page on the thread selection page so you can jump right to the last page.  

newest last is much easier to read.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2003, 06:59:00 am »
Originally posted by evilsatan:
 probably whatever seth like best
why can't everyone be like that

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2003, 09:26:00 am »
Originally posted by G.Love:
  just want to see what my member number is???
guilty as charged   :D  

and there are some mysterious icons at the bottom of each page without labels.  i'm guessin' there moderator functions of some sort
T.Rex