Author Topic: yeah, yeah, UK is the worst!  (Read 14851 times)

tarsisz

Re: yeah, yeah, UK is the worst!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2003, 10:24:00 am »
..anyone from the continent?!...oh, i know about ireland's victories...and other northern countries who mostly won the eurosong...
 ...it is pitty there is no way to watch any of european events (unless you have a satelite)...darn!   :D

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2003, 11:13:00 am »
Originally posted by tarsisz:

...it is pitty there is no way to watch any of european events (unless you have a satelite)...darn!    :D  
You would think that with the 297 channels America broadcasts, they could carry the 3 channels Europe has.  (I love it when Europeans complain about American tv channels.....)
27>34

markie

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2003, 11:34:00 am »
297 channels of shite....50 of which carry shows made ten years ago by one of the three "european channels".

"Oh, my name is Vansmack and my head is up my bum"

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2003, 11:37:00 am »
Hey Mankie, I had always thought you were true blue American all the way!?

I'm calling that toll free tipSS phone number & reporting you to John Ashcroft, you traitorous swinehund, you!   :D  

Originally posted by mankie:

Originally posted by tarsisz:
  Turkey won the Eurovision...i think this is the first time in history....and by the way people, how do you know about this...you had a chance to watch it?!...i assume you have some connections to Europe, cuz an average "americaine" doesn't know about this festival at all!...     :eek:    
Markie - English
 Mankie - English
 Lulu - Scottish
 Bungle Bud - English (I assume!)
 Jag - Brother lives in England

That's all I can think of. I read the Brit newspapers and BBC online every morning, which is ironic because I can't remember the last time I read the Washington Post and I've lived stateside for over 17 years.

By the way...Ireland have won the competition more than any other country. [/b]
Operation Flashlight

poorlulu

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2003, 11:38:00 am »
Originally posted by markie:

is that why his hair is all gunky?

tarsisz

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2003, 11:45:00 am »
You would think that with the 297 channels America broadcasts, they could carry the 3 channels Europe has. (I love it when Europeans complain about American tv channels.....)  
who complaints?  :o    :D

vansmack

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2003, 11:48:00 am »
  297 channels of shite....50 of which carry shows made ten years ago by one of the three "european channels".

Options baby, options.

I'm sorry, do you broadcast every football match on Saturday and Sunday?  Not even locally?  I couldn't even imagine...

did I ever get around to thanking you for Big Brother and Who wants to be a millionaire?  I always meant to....  

"Oh, my name is Markie and my head is my bum 'cause everytime I open my mouth shite comes out"
27>34

mankie

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2003, 11:53:00 am »
you can also thank us for "three's company" "men behaving badly" "queer as folk" and "the Simpsons"

..you're welcome!   :p

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2003, 11:58:00 am »
Athens welcomes  buxom drivers
 -----------------------

Operation Flashlight

markie

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2003, 12:00:00 pm »
football is broadcast. You have to pay for it, in a similar way you have to pay for runny-catchy and runny -throwey.

So no difference then? you need satellite or cable to receive it. Just like America. Funny that, eh?

As for programming, the shows you namecheck might be the low brow entertainment you like, why not check out  inspector morse or a period drama like red dwarf.

And just returning mine own insult is a very week retort, you will never make a heckler.

Now go away and pretend to be British some more.

vansmack

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2003, 12:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  you can also thank us for "three's company" "men behaving badly" "queer as folk" and "the Simpsons"

..you're welcome!    :p  
I'll give you "Sanford and Son" and "All in the Family,"  but I must remind you of "I'm a celebrity get me out of here" and "American Idol" (though I do thouroughly enjoy Simon Cowell).  

"Men behaving badly" bombed over here as will the American version of "Coupling" - which raises a good point - why does Britian show American versions of TV shows ("Friends") but America insist on remaking British shows?
27>34

markie

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2003, 12:03:00 pm »
America is a larger market, is the short answer.

America is deemed cool in Britain.... What could be cooler than friends or the friends lifestyle?

Americans dont understand British accents...

what, what?

mankie

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2003, 12:12:00 pm »

football is broadcast. You have to pay for it, in a similar way you have to pay for runny-catchy and runny -throwey.

actually, the correct name is "hitty-runny"

tarsisz

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2003, 12:13:00 pm »
brits are not giving up....nor are americans!...

I think hispanic tv shows are the bomb!!!!  :D  
 especially the sopa operas...where are  you now, huh?!

mankie

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2003, 12:17:00 pm »

Americans dont understand British accents...

what, what?

Did you ever see the show about Oasis on telly over here and they had subtitles during the interviews? It was then I realized why we have to suffer through such shite as Eastenders while Coronation Street is ignored.