Author Topic: Fujiya & Miyagi Roll Call  (Read 875 times)

killsaly

Fujiya & Miyagi Roll Call
« on: September 25, 2007, 10:38:00 am »
Anybody else heading to the Ottobar tonight?  I love their Transparent Things cd, and it has been one of my favorite albums of the year.  The set they opened up for Peter Bjorn and John was awesome, and I wish they could have played for a little while longer.  Hopefully tonight they get to play for a while, and it will be nice to see them in the very intimate setting of the ottobar.

killsaly

Re: Fujiya & Miyagi Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 12:51:00 am »
What a great show.  Attendence was low, the sold ticket list at the door only listed 30 tickets, and the club looked like it had maybe a couple more than that there.  i didnt catch the opener.  F & M did a solid hour set with an encore of Collarbone.  The cord that was there got into there music and people were (almost) dancing.  They played most, if not all of Transparent Things, and a few other tracks. A coupel fo the tracks were from their first cd Electro Karaoke in the Negative Style, but I think the crowd had the biggest reaction to their new single off their forthcoming album, called Uh.  That song could be a big hit.  They also had their own sound guy there, and the ottobar sounded better than it has any other time I have been there.  I definitely recommend checking them out the next time they come around the area.

calecp01

Re: Fujiya & Miyagi Roll Call
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 09:31:00 am »
Nice!  I love those guys so much and really wanted to see them headline a show at a smaller venue but chose to stay local and see Yeasayer at the Cat last night (which was one of the best shows I've seen all year)

I interviewed F&M a while back here:
  http://www.brightestyoungthings.com/interviews/byt-interview-fujiya-miyagi/