Author Topic: CURFEW???  (Read 3325 times)

you be betty

• flickr.com/photos/youbebetty
CURFEW???
« on: September 25, 2007, 04:09:00 pm »
OKay, i was just on the black cat site, and saw this little notice, which kind of scared me a bit...

Black Cat events are all-ages. Patrons under 18 should have parental permission, and we prefer them to be accompanied by an adult. Please be aware that DC has a Curfew Law which affects those 17 and under. Curfew hours go into effect at 11:00pm Sunday-Thursday (weekedays) and at 12:01am on Saturday or Saturday (weekends). If you are 17 or younger
 you must be out of the club by the times stated, unless
 accompanied by a parent.

i've been gone for a couple of months and have not been around the clubs for a while...are they actually enforcing this?  has anyone seen any younger kids get kicked out/cops checking younger kids?  i'm worried..

bnyced0

Re: CURFEW???
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 04:44:00 pm »
Probably should have been working on a fake ID long before this, not one that will allow you to drink, but at least one that covers you for shows...

anyway, I haven't noticed kiddies being rounded up, though I have seen an uptick of mother/daughter pairings at least it seems like an uptick.

They are probably just covering their ass with that notice, seems really difficult to enforce unless they had a 17 and under section that they could herd out all at once, I wouldn't fret this yet, if it were happening we would have heard about it by now.  

The clubs want you there for the cover, and cola sales, if nothing else, so I can't see them in a hurry to start some shit about it, but they are right in posting that if it's the law...

manimtired

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 04:44:00 pm »
most of the 10 or so underage kids i saw get kicked out for drinking at Girl Talk were thrown out way before said curfew...

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 04:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by bnyced0:
   I have seen an uptick of mother/daughter pairings at least it seems like an uptick.

REALLY????  :eek:    :eek:  

Smackie - smackie....seems we need a road trip back to DC!!!

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 05:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Roadbike Mankie:

I'm already here, but I can't say that I've noticed said trend.

I can say that there were a lot of beautiful babies out today.  I was quite pleased wandering the streets today.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 05:42:00 pm »

I'm already here, but I can't say that I've noticed said trend.

I can say that there were a lot of beautiful babies out today.  I was quite pleased wandering the streets today.
27>34

slowgraffiti

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 06:30:00 pm »
this is so distressing. i'm a college sophmore! i live forty minutes away from my parents. i can only hope they don't start id-ing for 18 and 21. i'm a pretty convincing 19...

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 06:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by slowgraffiti:
  this is so distressing. i'm a college sophmore! i live forty minutes away from my parents. i can only hope they don't start id-ing for 18 and 21. i'm a pretty convincing 19...
If you're a 19 year old college sophomore, this doesn't apply to you at all since you're over 18.

slowgraffiti

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 06:42:00 pm »
no, i'm 17 but if they don't id people for being 18 then i'll hopefully  not get caught (if they even have people on the watch) or kicked out.

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 08:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by slowgraffiti:
  no, i'm 17 but if they don't id people for being 18 then i'll hopefully  not get caught (if they even have people on the watch) or kicked out.
If you're a college sophomore at 17 then there's a decent chance that you're smart enough to avoid getting caught. Just showing your college ID might be enough (as long as you're not trying to drink).

RustyOrgan

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 10:05:00 am »
I've never heard of Black Cat kicking out kids based on this gay curfew thing. Don't worry about it.

eros

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 10:18:00 am »
Originally posted by RustyOrgan:
 this gay curfew thing.
They don't have this problem in Iran.
ʎɐʍou

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 10:37:00 am »
Children should not be at concerts after 10pm anyway. I blame the parents.

ggw

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 10:38:00 am »
Hey Rhett -- stop posting under mankie's account.

Children should not be at concerts after 10pm anyway. I blame the parents.