Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2123401 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #9255 on: March 24, 2021, 09:57:31 am »
New Secret Machines album that came out last year!!!!

Awake in the Brain Chamber

https://secretmachines.bandcamp.com/album/awake-in-the-brain-chamber-2

vinyl available :)
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #9256 on: March 24, 2021, 07:20:14 pm »
My only Neil Young collectible I guess... I never went out of my way to collect Neil

Bought this in late 2019 for $3 which was pretty ridiculous... last great score? These days every time I go to the record store it’s packed and everything seems priced according to Discogs.. kind of defeats the point.. maybe I have enough music

What a great album

Bagley

« Reply #9257 on: March 25, 2021, 09:13:45 am »
My only Neil Young collectible I guess... I never went out of my way to collect Neil

Bought this in late 2019 for $3 which was pretty ridiculous... last great score? These days every time I go to the record store it’s packed and everything seems priced according to Discogs.. kind of defeats the point.. maybe I have enough music

What a great album

Never enough...I think you need to add this to your Neil collection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G_BKu0NjO0&ab_channel=neilyoungchannel

Dreamy

hutch

« Reply #9258 on: March 25, 2021, 09:50:03 am »
Oh yeah new releases still buying and this looks great..totally in...in for anything Neil

Just not sure about spending so much time at record stores digging around the used stuff.. lately it feels like a lot of work for not much payoff
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 10:09:54 am by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #9259 on: March 25, 2021, 10:17:08 am »
And I am just trying to be “responsible” but what I really want is Archives 2! $120

And a one year Patron subscription to Archive! $99.99

Neil Young just had a zoom meeting there two days ago with 200 or so patrons

Looked dope as shit

I am Neil obsessed lately

« Reply #9260 on: March 25, 2021, 10:31:46 am »
Am I going to need to organize a Neil-tervention
I've got Ms Hutch on board already, she is very concerned
slack

hutch

« Reply #9261 on: March 25, 2021, 10:42:54 am »
Wait til he tours...am outta here!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9262 on: March 25, 2021, 10:45:49 am »
There are worse kicks to be on than an extended Neil Young phase, that is for sure. One of my all-time favorites and I will be absolutely gutted when he eventually kicks it.
LVMH

« Reply #9263 on: March 25, 2021, 10:53:31 am »
that was a twist I wasn't expecting, Jules thinks that the Clash is better than Neil Young?!
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9264 on: March 25, 2021, 01:41:38 pm »
that was a twist I wasn't expecting, Jules thinks that the Clash is better than Neil Young?!
The Clash sucks.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #9265 on: March 25, 2021, 03:00:28 pm »
This doesn’t suck

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9266 on: March 25, 2021, 03:51:08 pm »
Oh yeah new releases still buying and this looks great..totally in...in for anything Neil

Just not sure about spending so much time at record stores digging around the used stuff.. lately it feels like a lot of work for not much payoff

It's all about the estate sales and auctions for the records, and mostly just the estate sales.

hutch

« Reply #9267 on: March 25, 2021, 05:00:55 pm »

It's all about the estate sales and auctions for the records, and mostly just the estate sales.

I just can’t do that

Too social

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #9268 on: March 25, 2021, 08:26:03 pm »
I thought estate sales were super competitive.  Folks regularly arrive early and offer cash for the entire lot. Not so?

Record shows have largely been a waste for me but then I’m not the guy who shows up with a massive list (or nothing) in mind. I just don’t have the space to pick up random lps in bulk on the regular.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #9269 on: March 25, 2021, 09:17:37 pm »
I thought estate sales were super competitive.  Folks regularly arrive early and offer cash for the entire lot. Not so?

Record shows have largely been a waste for me but then I’m not the guy who shows up with a massive list (or nothing) in mind. I just don’t have the space to pick up random lps in bulk on the regular.

I have never seen an estate sale that advertised records, completely out of records with an early buy out. They can be competitive, but I am not, so I show up late into the 1st day or even on the Sunday for 1/2 price.

Best I have done is this
https://www.discogs.com/Miles-Davis-The-Cellar-Door-Sessions-1970/master/358845 for $1.00.

Hutch - if you go late in the day, you can do it and be anti-social! I used to go a lot, but with Covid, maybe I have been to 5 in the past year.

Good starting point: https://www.estatesales.net/MD/Rockville/20850