Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313408 times)

dyecraig

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2055 on: June 20, 2016, 10:01:42 am »
how many people got a good night's pre-sleep nap at Ray Lamontagne last night?
was expecting to get a few winks, but he got the solo acoustic stuff out of the way first thing, including trouble.
say what you will about charisma, etc., but dude can sing with soul.
mmj was outstanding as backup band (- jim james).
the moon phasing, red, eclipse background was cool as hell and was in sync with the full album performance.
totally floydian.
recommended.

Yada

« Reply #2056 on: June 20, 2016, 11:12:33 am »
how many people got a good night's pre-sleep nap at Ray Lamontagne last night?
was expecting to get a few winks, but he got the solo acoustic stuff out of the way first thing, including trouble.
say what you will about charisma, etc., but dude can sing with soul.
mmj was outstanding as backup band (- jim james).
the moon phasing, red, eclipse background was cool as hell and was in sync with the full album performance.
totally floydian.
recommended.

admittedly, i'm an old fan, but haven't found his last few releases (especially the current one) very appealing.

Relaxer

« Reply #2057 on: June 20, 2016, 01:39:50 pm »
I enjoyed the Ray show much more than I thought I would when I bought the tix. The solo acoustic stuff was kind of slow, but we just went out and slugged drinks during this part. When the full band was on, we went back and really enjoyed it.
oword

MAGA 2020

« Reply #2058 on: June 20, 2016, 01:45:35 pm »
The Chris Stapleton/Jason Isbell show at MPP was miserable (for me at least).  Showed up at 6:45 to catch Isbell (The main reason I went) and all the lots were full and had to park over a mile away in some office parking lot.  Get in and there is absolutely zero room on the lawn.  Never saw the actual stage.  Beer lines were 20-30 people deep.  I didnt make it very long until I called it a night.  Not sure if it was sold out or not.  Meh..

Yada

« Reply #2059 on: June 20, 2016, 01:51:08 pm »
The Chris Stapleton/Jason Isbell show at MPP was miserable (for me at least).  Showed up at 6:45 to catch Isbell (The main reason I went) and all the lots were full and had to park over a mile away in some office parking lot.  Get in and there is absolutely zero room on the lawn.  Never saw the actual stage.  Beer lines were 20-30 people deep.  I didnt make it very long until I called it a night.  Not sure if it was sold out or not.  Meh..

Rule #1 of any outdoor show. Don't sit on the lawn.

MAGA 2020

« Reply #2060 on: June 20, 2016, 01:53:44 pm »
Yeah.  I really didn't think it would be so highly attended.  When I saw Isbell open for MMJ last year the place wasnt half as full.  Out of touch with the Stapleton popularity I guess.

Space Freely

« Reply #2061 on: June 26, 2016, 07:15:04 pm »
Yesterday, I stood in a parking lot watching a free show by a band from Michigan called Greensky Bluegrass. Not the best Michigan band ever (Hi, Iggy), but miles better than Smashing Pumpkins.

Then I snagged a sixer of Two Hearted for $7.49 on the way home. Nice to get solid beer for cheap prices sometimes.

Space Freely

« Reply #2062 on: June 26, 2016, 07:17:17 pm »

Rule #1 of any outdoor show. Don't sit on the lawn.

Wolftrap lawn is good if you get in line before it opens. BYO food and alcohol.

Rule #2, wait until the last minute to buy tix on Stubhub and you can get seats for well below face.

bob72

« Reply #2063 on: June 26, 2016, 08:21:12 pm »
Not the best Michigan band ever (Hi, Iggy), but miles better than Smashing Pumpkins.
ok, I'll bite...is this a general statement, or do you really think SP are from Michigan?
PENIS

Space Freely

« Reply #2064 on: June 26, 2016, 09:07:04 pm »
Not the best Michigan band ever (Hi, Iggy), but miles better than Smashing Pumpkins.
ok, I'll bite...is this a general statement, or do you really think SP are from Michigan?

Since Julian is a fan, it seems like a reasonable assumption.  ;D

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2065 on: June 26, 2016, 09:50:52 pm »

Since Julian is a fan, it seems like a reasonable assumption.  ;D
I see what you did there.

*nods knowingly*
LVMH

shemptiness

« Reply #2066 on: June 26, 2016, 11:03:52 pm »
I think Aubert imbibed a bit too much before the SSPU show tonight.  Came off as sloppy drunk to me. 

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #2067 on: June 27, 2016, 09:06:27 pm »
Yesterday, I stood in a parking lot watching a free show by a band from Michigan called Greensky Bluegrass. Not the best Michigan band ever (Hi, Iggy), but miles better than Smashing Pumpkins.

Then I snagged a sixer of Two Hearted for $7.49 on the way home. Nice to get solid beer for cheap prices sometimes.

Iggy is #1, followed by MC5, Sufjan Stevens and Grand Funk Railroad. Bob Seger gets an honorable mention, though I'm not a big fan.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #2068 on: June 27, 2016, 09:08:25 pm »
So did anyone attend the GNR show at FedEx? I watched a lot of it on Periscope. Sound was good, they were much better than at Coachella. The Periscope person just showed the giant video board.

Heard they shutdown the 400 level because of poor sales and moved everyone down. Good for the people in the 400 level but I heard it made lines super long at the gate as people didn't have their new seats yet.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2069 on: June 27, 2016, 09:24:08 pm »

Iggy is #1, followed by MC5, Sufjan Stevens and Grand Funk Railroad. Bob Seger gets an honorable mention, though I'm not a big fan.
Interesting list. No Motown? No White Stripes, Wolf Eyes, or Brownsville Station? Gories or Mustard Plug probably deserve in this convo.

Loop Kosmo in on this discussion.
LVMH