Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 933825 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2130 on: November 01, 2016, 01:23:38 pm »
I had a nightmare last night that he won. But I think it's just post-traumatic stress from having been in an earthquake in Italy last week. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Woah, tell more firsthand accounts about Italy and the earthquake. We're headed to Northern Italy in June/July.

Italy was stunning. Just incredible. If you're in the north and have access to a car, go to this place: http://ristoranteborsa.it/eng/index.html  It's probably the one meal that I'd request before I leave the planet. It's near Verona.

As for the earthquake, I was in my hotel elevator and it was a 5.9. Felt like being in a cocktail shaker without the booze. Not pleasant. Lots of aftershocks too during the night. But it was interesting to say that I've been in a fairly significant quake.

hutch

« Reply #2131 on: November 01, 2016, 01:26:25 pm »
FEAR

that isn't quite the nightmare scenario that it might appear to be at first glance.  a tie would mean that trump would not become president (senate would never choose him)... a trump presidency is the REAL nightmare.

huh? do you not read what i write? (don't answer)

its the HOUSE that breaks the tie.. by State Delegation.... Trump would obviously win..even if the Senate had to choose he would win..but they don't...

Space Freely

« Reply #2132 on: November 01, 2016, 01:38:20 pm »
I had a nightmare last night that he won. But I think it's just post-traumatic stress from having been in an earthquake in Italy last week. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Woah, tell more firsthand accounts about Italy and the earthquake. We're headed to Northern Italy in June/July.

Italy was stunning. Just incredible. If you're in the north and have access to a car, go to this place: http://ristoranteborsa.it/eng/index.html  It's probably the one meal that I'd request before I leave the planet. It's near Verona.

As for the earthquake, I was in my hotel elevator and it was a 5.9. Felt like being in a cocktail shaker without the booze. Not pleasant. Lots of aftershocks too during the night. But it was interesting to say that I've been in a fairly significant quake.

THanks! The closest we are staying to there is Malcesine on Lake Garda. But a daytrip by car to Verona and surrounding area is on the list of maybes.

The DC earthquake was 5.8, by comparison.

Now, how do I pivot this back to Trump?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2133 on: November 01, 2016, 01:40:34 pm »
yea i read and sorry, typo, meant house... but they wouldn't choose trump.  they'd likely go with McMullin.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2134 on: November 01, 2016, 01:52:28 pm »
yea i read and sorry, typo, meant house... but they wouldn't choose trump.  they'd likely go with McMullin.
The important thing is for McMullin to be on the ballot for the House, he has to get at least one electoral vote.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #2135 on: November 01, 2016, 02:11:27 pm »
you guys are crazy.. they will totally go for Trump if that happens... if Trump manages to tie there is no way they will overturn the voters "will".. everyone will see that as a huge Trump win as he was behind for months/underdog..

and even more so if he pulls of the popular vote...

I don't think he will mind you..

Relaxer

« Reply #2136 on: November 01, 2016, 02:13:21 pm »
lol the house is not going to elect Noted Gay Mormon Evan McMullin. I am not saying this to disparage McMullin or his orientation at all, because I don't know who he is. Except that he considers himself a conservative so I probably think he's a douchebag.
oword

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2137 on: November 01, 2016, 02:29:30 pm »
All Hail Nate Silver!

Crazy and not-so-crazy scenarios

Here are the chances we?ll see these election outcomes.

Electoral College deadlock no candidate gets 270 electoral votes   1.0%
Electoral College 269-269 tie   0.4%
Recount at least one decisive state within 0.5 ppt   6.9%
Clinton wins popular vote   82.4%
Trump wins popular vote   17.6%
Clinton wins popular vote but loses Electoral College   10.9%
Trump wins popular vote but loses Electoral College   0.4%
Johnson wins at least one electoral vote   0.3%
McMullin wins at least one electoral vote   19.2%
Clinton majority wins at least 50 percent of the vote   34.5%
Trump majority wins at least 50 percent of the vote   2.8%
Clinton landslide double-digit popular vote margin   9.0%
Trump landslide double-digit popular vote margin   0.4%
Map exactly the same as in 2012   0.2%
Clinton wins at least one state Mitt Romney won in 2012   73.7%
Trump wins at least one state President Obama won in 2012   81.2%

hutch

« Reply #2138 on: November 01, 2016, 02:38:32 pm »
who cares? its just based on the polls 8-10 days out.... at least if it was the final polls i might give it some credence...

« Reply #2139 on: November 02, 2016, 02:47:55 pm »
I'd be scared to see what Pence's playlist is like
but cool to see Lucy Dacus made it to Tim's playlist

Now, we?re not saying you should vote based on music taste, but there?s something distinctly alluring about having an avowed Replacements fan be one heartbeat away from the presidency
slack

hutch

« Reply #2140 on: November 02, 2016, 04:09:27 pm »
there was a rolling stone piece on tim kaine's musical taste.. he went into replacements at length

he went on and on about cornershop and you could tell he really knew what he was talking about! he even talked about how they never play out here (remember the last cornershop show at the 930? me neither. it was cancelled... the posters had all been printed out)

Kaine is a very thoughtful guy for sure... I liked the pick because it created no waves and I think it guarantees Virginia.. but she could have gone a bit more inspirational/outside the box...

Space Freely

« Reply #2141 on: November 02, 2016, 04:22:45 pm »
there was a rolling stone piece on tim kaine's musical taste.. he went into replacements at length

he went on and on about cornershop and you could tell he really knew what he was talking about! he even talked about how they never play out here (remember the last cornershop show at the 930? me neither. it was cancelled... the posters had all been printed out)

Kaine is a very thoughtful guy for sure... I liked the pick because it created no waves and I think it guarantees Virginia.. but she could have gone a bit more inspirational/outside the box...

My father-in-law referred to Kaine as a "fake Catholic".

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2142 on: November 02, 2016, 06:13:03 pm »
I refer to him . . . as, fake intelligence.

« Reply #2143 on: November 03, 2016, 10:53:24 am »
I blame the cubs....but I'm really not liking the trending on this chart
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/
slack

hutch

« Reply #2144 on: November 03, 2016, 11:54:26 am »
^I thought we should ignore the presidential race cause its in the bag and devote our resources down ballot?

-------

But seriously... well if african american early voter turnout in NC and FL really is down substantially it could be trouble.....in fact in NC white turnout is up by the same percentage black turnout is down...

I kind of think if the models are predicitng the same black turnout for Hillary as OBama got in 2008 and 2012 that could be a big problem...but I don't know if that is the case in the models..

Comey really fucked Hillary hard... that is for sure... but its too late to do much other than fight until election day is over...