Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 925378 times)

Relaxer

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2115 on: November 01, 2016, 10:52:20 am »
I'm predicting that the final count will be around 300-320 for Hillary and around 210-230 for Trump.

My absolute nightmare scenario is Dump wins Florida, the election ends tentatively at 269-269, Florida goes to recount, recount goes to Supreme Court, which deadlocks 4-4, GOP house elects trump.

This is the new iteration of "Oh come on, no way that could happen"

oword

bearman🐻

« Reply #2116 on: November 01, 2016, 11:01:59 am »
I had a nightmare last night that he won. But I think it's just post-traumatic stress from having been in an earthquake in Italy last week. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Space Freely

« Reply #2117 on: November 01, 2016, 11:02:21 am »
I'm predicting that the final count will be around 300-320 for Hillary and around 210-230 for Trump.

My absolute nightmare scenario is Dump wins Florida, the election ends tentatively at 269-269, Florida goes to recount, recount goes to Supreme Court, which deadlocks 4-4, GOP house elects trump.

Is there no way they could make the numbers be such that there is an odd number of electoral votes instead of an even number?

Space Freely

« Reply #2118 on: November 01, 2016, 11:03:29 am »
I had a nightmare last night that he won. But I think it's just post-traumatic stress from having been in an earthquake in Italy last week. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Woah, tell more firsthand accounts about Italy and the earthquake. We're headed to Northern Italy in June/July.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2119 on: November 01, 2016, 11:03:32 am »

The Bizarro situation that tickles my fancy the most is Hillary 268, Trump 264, McMullin 6 (Utah). Senate elects Kaine, House rallies around McMullin to form some sort of bizarro-hybrid executive branch.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #2120 on: November 01, 2016, 11:03:58 am »
The final tally could be odd or even. They didn't take that into account when they invented the electoral system.
oword

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2121 on: November 01, 2016, 11:13:20 am »
I just want to see trump become president . . . then 6 months go by, and all the people who think he is going to change the country for the better; for the better for them; for the little guy who can't get ahead; who feels oppressed by the system; who can't make it; and then they realize that trump is just another rich person who doesn't give ten shits about the little guy.

Relaxer

« Reply #2122 on: November 01, 2016, 11:16:03 am »
I just want to see trump become president . . . then 6 months go by, and all the people who think he is going to change the country for the better; for the better for them; for the little guy who can't get ahead; who feels oppressed by the system; who can't make it; and then they realize that trump is just another rich person who doesn't give ten shits about the little guy.

This isn't remotely going to happen though. You really think those Trump idiots are self-aware enough to say "Oh wow, this candidate for whom I dedicated all my brainless hopes and dreams has not delivered on the very vague and contradictory promises he made!" They'll just blame Obama and Hillary more. That's what they do. That's ALL they do. Blame, mislead, and complain.

A Trump presidency will be four years of utter disaster, and the GOP will take accountability for none of it.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #2123 on: November 01, 2016, 11:16:46 am »

FEAR
oword

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2124 on: November 01, 2016, 11:37:45 am »

Trevor Noah took on this question last night, starting at about 7:59 in this clip:
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/zqbtxj/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-envisioning-president-trump-s-first-term

hutch

« Reply #2125 on: November 01, 2016, 11:42:22 am »
well that is the nightmare scenario I identified months ago....a tie which goes to the House and hence Trump wins....I think the House votes by state (each delegation).... is someone predicting the map you posted? I see that as a worst case scenario..

I still think NH is part of Hillary's firewall...but of course if there is big shift happening it would take NH with it....

All the states in blue are comfortable Hillary states I have to think...but as I identified a few months ago it only gets her to 269....

The more I read about Comey and what he did the angrier I get

its funny.. Republicans are always super confident no matter what the polls say... democrats are always shitting themselves at the first sign of potential trouble...

Is there one last suprise left? Could the Justice department reach some sort of conclusion on the emails in question before the election?

I still think everything should point to a conclusive Hillary victory but I worry because nobody ever got poor underestimating the intelligence of the American people...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2126 on: November 01, 2016, 11:46:51 am »
Didn't I just hear yesterday that the Trump campaign has all but conceded NC and is moving resources to other states?
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #2127 on: November 01, 2016, 11:50:21 am »
One possible outcome being discussed is that Comey's unprecedented interference makes it unlikely democrats take back the senate and forget about the house with Hillary getting into power in a fairly weak state... Republicans would immediately ramp up all investigations of her... not to mention a possible confrontation between the FBI and the executive which could go on for years.. Comey apparently can't be removed by the president....

hutch

« Reply #2128 on: November 01, 2016, 11:52:30 am »
Didn't I just hear yesterday that the Trump campaign has all but conceded NC and is moving resources to other states?

all that is not going to matter if there is an anti-Hillary wave.. organization/advertising/ground game can help you a few points here or there but that is about it...

I mean if organization and spending is what determines an election its of course long over... Hillary has raised and spent like 4 times more than Trump.. she has built an organization full of experienced people over the past 10 years! Meanwhile Trump's organization is Donald Trump and a few people that go on TV...

We'll know on election day what happened....at this point we don't know..we think Hillary will win.. we know she should but that's about it

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2129 on: November 01, 2016, 01:07:21 pm »
FEAR

that isn't quite the nightmare scenario that it might appear to be at first glance.  a tie would mean that trump would not become president (senate would never choose him)... a trump presidency is the REAL nightmare.
<sig>