Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313385 times)

Yada

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1335 on: May 15, 2015, 02:11:54 pm »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1336 on: May 15, 2015, 02:36:23 pm »
are you, trying to say, that most, if not all, men, who were there, looked like that?

Yada

« Reply #1337 on: May 15, 2015, 02:52:53 pm »
are you, trying to say, that most, if not all, men, who were there, looked like that?

Men....and.... women.

« Reply #1338 on: May 15, 2015, 02:57:57 pm »
that pear has got a great ass  :P
slack

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #1339 on: May 15, 2015, 10:10:18 pm »
I thought the Dear Jerry show was terrific.  Jimmy Cliff stole the show, IMO, but my favorite song of the night was Weir doing "Days Between."  I can't believe I'm saying that - but it's true.  A very heartfelt version and Bob nailed it.  Disco Biscuits, YMBS, Grace Potter, Jorma, Billy & the Kids all put on terrific performances. The parking lot was loaded with vending and very few hassles from what I saw.  I did hear lots of complaints about traffic, but we took back roads and managed to get in with few issues.  I don't think Hornsby was there at all.  Rumor has it he was sick.  2 bands didn't play due to the curfew, which I believe they were well past by the time it was done.   The core four were never on the stage at the same time.  Phil played his 4-song set (at 7pm sharp) and was never seen again.  The other 3 were constantly coming in and out of various bands.  The breaks between acts were annoying, but nothing terrible.  Probably the most crowded I've ever seen Merriweather.  The only thing I've seen close to that was when I actually saw Jerry there in '89.  I liked it much better than I expected to, actually.  Then again - I didn't drop over $150 on a pavilion ticket.

hutch

« Reply #1340 on: May 16, 2015, 08:21:07 am »
where there any surprise acts with respect to what was announced at the beginning?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #1341 on: May 16, 2015, 12:06:01 pm »
I don't think so.

killsaly

« Reply #1342 on: May 17, 2015, 12:07:07 pm »
I thoroughly enjoyed my first MLB game.  I am planning to go to a few more Orioles games over the next few months.  I think May 27 will be my next one.

K8teebug

« Reply #1343 on: May 17, 2015, 05:56:23 pm »
Glad the dead jerry show was fun! I was at clydes in the afternoon studying for a certification exam (and passed!) they had a cheap bar set up outside and a GD tribute band. Perfect study atmosphere! Was sad I didn't go to the show after such a lovely afternoon.

Space Freely

« Reply #1344 on: May 18, 2015, 08:37:53 am »
We took our daughter to her first Robbie Fulks show Friday night (at Jammin Java). He normally plays for two hours, but cut the show short because there was a late show (BOO!). 75 minutes probably ended up being a good length show for a seven year old to take in.

Robbie didn't heed the repeated requests for "Fuck this Town" that she shouted (kids can be so embarrassing!), but he did play her request for "Cigarette State" as his encore song. So it ended well.

The next morning, she commented that "Other than My Little Pony, Robbie Fulks and Dr. Dog are my favorite bands, but I like Dr. Dog a little bit more."

fatskippy

« Reply #1345 on: May 20, 2015, 11:21:34 am »
I'm not a sound snob, but thought it was pretty bad last night at echostage for tv on the radio.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1346 on: May 20, 2015, 11:33:14 am »
I'm not a sound snob, but thought it was pretty bad last night at echostage for tv on the radio.

Was it sold out? How crowded did it seem?

« Reply #1347 on: May 20, 2015, 11:55:54 am »
Kinda hoping that Space is going to give us critique of the My Little Pony cannon and it's influence on The Youth of Today 
slack

fatskippy

« Reply #1348 on: May 20, 2015, 01:17:29 pm »

Was it sold out? How crowded did it seem?

2/3 full, if that. I was center, about 30 feet in front of the soundboard where you'd think the sound would be best. The beer selection couldn't have been much worse as well.

bearman🐻

« Reply #1349 on: May 20, 2015, 01:20:03 pm »
With my last post in this thread I realized I've turned into my grandfather. Every single time I would go out and come back home, he'd wring his hands and ask me (very gravely) "were there a lot of people there?". I used to find it so odd. Now that I'm getting older (and more aware of my personal space), I realize I'm JUST like him. Then there's our borderline pathological need/love of pasta. Odd.