Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313255 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1395 on: June 15, 2015, 10:57:00 am »
Saw the 8:00 Prince show. Was able to get a "decent" mid mezz ticket for face value. Would have loved to see Stevie with Prince, but I am happy to not be ridiculously tired today.

No shows at all until Sunday TWOD.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1396 on: June 15, 2015, 11:02:30 am »

I did see Courtney Barnett on Saturday night and thoroughly enjoyed it. For a sold out show, I was perplexed by the large amount of space I had.

agreed...but she tends to attract a smaller (body mass wise) crowd
also made the sight lines great

I totally think larger patrons should be charged a surcharge at the door for taking up more space. They're using more of the finite resources available. Forward thinking airlines are doing this; why not music venues. For too long the fat have gotten a free ride.

Thanks for this.

LVMH

Vas Deferens

(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1398 on: June 15, 2015, 11:21:22 am »
Height should be a factor too.
goth dudes tend to be the tallest for some reason?
Height is not, in a practical sense, a finite resource unless someone comes in who is 40' tall or however high the roof is. Square footage DOES get filled and it gets filled quicker when hambeasts come to concerts.

fat people take up square footage, reducing how much is available to you, and thus reduce your enjoyment of the show.

tall people take up vertical space, reducing your view of the stage, and thus reduce your enjoyment of the show.

if we start charging extra to one group, we need to start charging the other too. 

while we're at it, let's charge all groups that might potentially limit our enjoyment of a show: sing-alongers, dancers, anyone with bad breath, people who make fashion decisions we disagree with, etc. etc. etc.  surcharges for the lot of ya!
<sig>

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1399 on: June 15, 2015, 11:24:16 am »
Height is not, in a practical sense, a finite resource unless someone comes in who is 40' tall or however high the roof is. Square footage DOES get filled and it gets filled quicker when hambeasts come to concerts.

fat people take up square footage, reducing how much is available to you, and thus reduce your enjoyment of the show.

tall people take up vertical space, reducing your view of the stage, and thus reduce your enjoyment of the show.

if we start charging extra to one group, we need to start charging the other too. 

while we're at it, let's charge all groups that might potentially limit our enjoyment of a show: sing-alongers, dancers, anyone with bad breath, people who make fashion decisions we disagree with, etc. etc. etc.  surcharges for the lot of ya!

Farters.

killsaly

« Reply #1400 on: June 15, 2015, 11:28:14 am »
I think people who want to talk during sets should be kicked out of the venue.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1401 on: June 15, 2015, 11:31:04 am »

It seems there might just need to be a special section for medium-height skinny people.  Rather than charge everybody else extra, we could charge just these privileged people who have managed their lives well, and don't mind floating some extra coin so they don't have to interact with the hoi polloi.  Very important people, these would be.  What could we call that section?  Hmmmmm.

« Reply #1402 on: June 15, 2015, 11:38:46 am »
I'm just glad someone used
hoi polloi
in a sentence today

slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1403 on: June 15, 2015, 11:40:21 am »
we should charge . . . to post on here.  end, of, discussion.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1404 on: June 15, 2015, 11:43:25 am »
It seems there might just need to be a special section for medium-height skinny people.  Rather than charge everybody else extra, we could charge just these privileged people who have managed their lives well, and don't mind floating some extra coin so they don't have to interact with the hoi polloi.  Very important people, these would be.  What could we call that section?  Hmmmmm.

ok, i'll bite: it should be called Julian's America, obvs.
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #1405 on: June 16, 2015, 08:03:49 am »
I think people who want to talk during sets should be kicked out of the venue.

A freakin'men.

Space Freely

« Reply #1406 on: June 16, 2015, 08:23:05 am »
Lovely show by the brilliant Neko Case last night. Or was it a brilliant show by the lovely Neko Case?

Audience looked like an AARP meeting, myself included. I saw a 50+ guy with a conservative business haircut and a nose ring (clip-on?)

hutch

« Reply #1407 on: June 16, 2015, 09:10:39 am »
Neko Case is so boring....just like that Ritter guy....

they don't have good enough songs.. you want to like them but the songs just aren't there..

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1408 on: June 16, 2015, 09:13:51 am »
Neko Case is so boring....just like that Ritter guy....

they don't have good enough songs.. you want to like them but the songs just aren't there..
Yes, I wholeheartedly agree.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #1409 on: June 16, 2015, 09:14:17 am »
I love Neko Case. I saw her with Martha Wainwright at the club and it was one of my favorite shows.