Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1314197 times)

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3855 on: July 15, 2021, 08:37:52 am »
STC - 2  Deer - 1
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3856 on: July 15, 2021, 09:35:59 am »
Great to be back at the Ottobar for a show last night. Seated show was very chill. Started a hair after 8 and was done by 9:25 or so.

Kinda sad to see the chairs removed from their outdoor patio. Also sad that I barreled into a deer on the way home.

Fun show. First show back in a real nightclub for me. I love their songs, and the energy they (particularly Mac) puts into translating them into acoustic versions. In the middle of the show, Mac returned Jason Narducy's call on stage/mic and Jason wished Mac a belated happy birthday, and then the crowd sang Mac the happy birthday song.

The point is, PUNK ROCK is BACK!

Sorry about STC's deer incident.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 06:48:56 pm by challenged »

Bagley

« Reply #3857 on: July 15, 2021, 05:42:16 pm »
Great to be back at the Ottobar for a show last night. Seated show was very chill. Started a hair after 8 and was done by 9:25 or so.

Kinda sad to see the chairs removed from their outdoor patio. Also sad that I barreled into a deer on the way home.

Fun show. First show back in a real nightclub for me. I love their songs, and the energy they (particularly Mac) puts into translating them into acoustic versions. In the middle of the show, Mac returned Jason Narducy's call on stage/mic and Jason wished Mac a belated happy birthday, and then the crowd sang Mac birthday.

The point is, PUNK ROCK is BACK!

Sorry about STC's deer incident.

Yes, wonderful to be back indoors at a rock and roll show and it appeared that the Superchunk dudes felt the same way.  For me, the highlight was the guitar interplay between the two of them (oh, and of course, the company of Challenged...felt like pre-panda times).  Mac WAS quite enthusiastic...for the first time, his voice reminded me of Corgan's.  And the acoustics were impressive.

Yada

« Reply #3858 on: July 16, 2021, 11:11:18 am »
Reports from The Invitational at John and Peter's over the last two weeks say Deaner looks and sounds the best he's been in years.

Starsky

« Reply #3859 on: July 16, 2021, 11:22:31 am »
Reports from The Invitational at John and Peter's over the last two weeks say Deaner looks and sounds the best he's been in years.

O he is back?!

I need to go!!

And I need him to sign my chocolate and cheese lp!

« Reply #3860 on: July 16, 2021, 11:26:06 am »
weren't we more worried about genner? 
slack

Starsky

« Reply #3861 on: July 16, 2021, 11:28:32 am »
Oh you missed the whole Deaner thing… lucky you

Yada

« Reply #3862 on: July 16, 2021, 11:30:42 am »

« Reply #3863 on: July 22, 2021, 02:53:18 pm »
So never posted about Paul Oakenfold
1. almost no masks, even the staff, I'd say there were 350 people?  First time being indoors with that many unmaksed people in 18 months
2. Sonundcheck: Small club (U st size) in weird location on K and 14th NW? The whole table service thing and zero seating is not really my thing.  The sound system was good
3. Paul Oakenfold did actually dj....but... my SO was my +1 and things that start at midnight are not really her cup of tea...so unfortunately only got to catch more than 40 mins before we headed home.  But it sounded great, cool visuals and the crowd (quite a mix) was really into it.  But was shocked that he'd come to dc to pay to that few people only paying $25 a head. Until he hit the stage, I was convinced it was going to be some streaming or hologram and not really him
slack

« Reply #3864 on: July 27, 2021, 08:29:58 am »
Saw Lewis black last night, outdoor theater and required proof of vax to enter
Was great to be in big audience and laugh again
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3865 on: July 27, 2021, 08:46:16 am »
Saturday night, saw Jason Narducy (Split Single, Bob Mould Band, Superchunk) in Baltimore. Outdoor show, probably 120 people. Was so much fun. Beautiful night with great weather. Got to catch up with Bearman. Jason puts on a great show: including his songs, covers, some from his musical. The folks that run these house shows are going all out this year (if the health situation allows), putting on as many shows in 4 months that they usually put on in a year: around 12 I think. Already planning to go back for David Bazan, and for Alejandro Escovedo. Those are indoors.

bearman🐻

« Reply #3866 on: July 27, 2021, 10:32:47 am »
Saturday night, saw Jason Narducy (Split Single, Bob Mould Band, Superchunk) in Baltimore. Outdoor show, probably 120 people. Was so much fun. Beautiful night with great weather. Got to catch up with Bearman. Jason puts on a great show: including his songs, covers, some from his musical. The folks that run these house shows are going all out this year (if the health situation allows), putting on as many shows in 4 months that they usually put on in a year: around 12 I think. Already planning to go back for David Bazan, and for Alejandro Escovedo. Those are indoors.

Such an amazing weekend. Sunday got to also see Bombay and Bags...great seeing you Saturday. So nice to finally feel like there are at least ways to gather somewhat comfortably/relatively safely. That really was a perfect evening. Fun to see people like J Robbins and the folks from Baltimore band Quattracenta too. And everyone needs to see a Jason Narducy show at some point. They're always so great...after the 53 shows he did last summer, he's really polished his sets, and they are a ton of fun.

« Reply #3867 on: August 02, 2021, 11:31:36 am »
anyone go to chappelle?
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3868 on: August 02, 2021, 12:08:40 pm »
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #3869 on: August 02, 2021, 12:10:01 pm »