Author Topic: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)  (Read 295876 times)

Starsky

Re: Just Postponed (or Cancelled)
« Reply #990 on: October 01, 2021, 03:52:54 pm »
I was bummed about that one too…seemed like a rare opportunity

I hope it happens in 2022

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #991 on: October 06, 2021, 12:17:09 pm »
interesting:

"Envision Festival, a beloved multi-day experience in Costa Rica (...) originally set to take place on February 17-24, 2022, this week-long experience has now been moved to February 27 – March 6, 2023. This shift in dates is due to concerns about the impact that hosting the festival will have on the local community, as well as those attending and working.

Envision Festival‘s organizers sent an email to all ticketholders: 'In close collaboration with the Costa Rican authorities and after months of monitoring and analyzing the progress of COVID-19 in Costa Rica, it has grown clear that hosting an international event of this size in February of 2022 cannot be done without significant risk to the wellbeing & experience of our attendees, staff, talent, and especially the local community of Uvita and its health care system.'"
<sig>

« Reply #992 on: October 06, 2021, 12:20:41 pm »
should have used their cool graphic

Definitely should include some golden teacher with each ticket tho...I mean to have the true jungle experience

this really seems like the thing we should crowdsource to send Hutch too...Amirite?

« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 12:30:47 pm by Sidehatch ® ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #993 on: October 06, 2021, 01:20:21 pm »
Definitely should include some golden teacher with each ticket tho...I mean to have the true jungle experience

mind-expansion might not be included with the ticket, but there will be no lack of the stuff there.

this really seems like the thing we should crowdsource to send Hutch too...Amirite?

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!  hutch would have a terrible time, and his reporting back would suck.  you need a well-travelled festival veteran from a neutral country like canada - that's whose attendance you should subsidize.  preferably one who has lived on both coasts and speaks spanish, to ensure he brings a breadth of experience.  who could possibly fit that bill...
<sig>

« Reply #994 on: October 06, 2021, 01:22:24 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!  hutch would have a terrible time, and his reporting back would suck.  you need a well-travelled festival veteran from a neutral country like canada - that's whose attendance you should subsidize.  preferably one who has lived on both coasts and speaks spanish, to ensure he brings a breadth of experience.  who could possibly fit that bill...
but you are missing the point...you might like this fest...hutch would hate every minute of it and that would be the fun of it
And I do think his commentary would be comedy gold
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #995 on: October 06, 2021, 01:30:45 pm »
I obviously don't know Hutch, by why would he hate it?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #996 on: October 06, 2021, 01:34:48 pm »
I obviously don't know Hutch, by why would he hate it?

mostly because it's an EDM festival.  based on his "what are you listening to" posts, i don't think that seven days of thumping beats that go all night long would be his idea of a good time.  also, and this is just an impression, but hutch doesn't strike me as the jungle-festival camping type - tents and hutch don't mix in my mind - but i definitely could be wrong on that one.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #997 on: October 06, 2021, 01:51:53 pm »
I been getting into the EDM mahn…:)

But no…camping is a bridge too far… and I lack a portable turntable!

Most of the people who go to these things are young kids so wouldn’t work

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #998 on: October 06, 2021, 04:38:38 pm »
Boo at the Zoo and ZooLights

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #999 on: October 07, 2021, 04:07:23 pm »
Dead Can Dance
Anthem

Update: Flipped from Postponed to Cancelled. Refunds forthcoming.

Starsky

« Reply #1000 on: October 07, 2021, 05:59:14 pm »
That’s too bad….felt like a final chance…

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1001 on: October 07, 2021, 06:10:08 pm »
No dancing for the dead. Story of COVID in a microcosm.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #1002 on: October 07, 2021, 06:17:13 pm »
I was hoping for some death-defying feet.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1003 on: October 09, 2021, 11:57:27 am »
looks like the clutch show on Monday is postponed
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1004 on: October 09, 2021, 12:05:43 pm »
Kamasi Washington at Warner - poor ticket sales I am guessing, it was overpriced.
(_|_)