Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313418 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #5415 on: May 13, 2024, 11:32:02 am »
Another solid show as always from The Decemberist, although hopefully at some point their drop their fascination with Prog Rock.  Would prefer 3 or 4 songs verses the 19 minute "Joan In The Garden".  Can't recall Chris Funk rocking out on Baritone Sax or not before, but him and trumpet player were a nice addition. 

Ratboys were just a whole bunch of fun, a bit like a more raucous version of Velocity Girl.
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #5416 on: May 13, 2024, 11:34:40 am »
Joan is totally like Floyd’s Echoes!

Did they not have Moen on drums?

hutch

« Reply #5417 on: May 13, 2024, 12:15:14 pm »
Another solid show as always from The Decemberist, although hopefully at some point their drop their fascination with Prog Rock.  Would prefer 3 or 4 songs verses the 19 minute "Joan In The Garden".  Can't recall Chris Funk rocking out on Baritone Sax or not before, but him and trumpet player were a nice addition. 

Ratboys were just a whole bunch of fun, a bit like a more raucous version of Velocity Girl.

It was funny how they said they had “one more” and then proceeded to play a 20 minute prog epic!!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5418 on: May 13, 2024, 12:32:23 pm »

It was funny how they said they had “one more” and then proceeded to play a 20 minute prog epic!!

They have been using as their "encore" so far this tour, it's a decent song just not certainly a song I would want to hear live.  The only changes in their line-up since Moen joined the line-up is who they take on tour as backing musicians.  Lizzy Ellision can certainly belt out the vocals on "The Queen's Rebuke / The Crossing" and it will never not be amusing watching Colin stomp around stage like he's playing guitar in a heavy metal band for that one
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #5419 on: May 13, 2024, 12:54:42 pm »
So that was Moen up there??

Man, he is just wasted on this band… guy is a beast of a drummer. Check him out on Boston Spaceships!!! It’s like having Keith Moon and tying one arm behind his back!!

Yada

« Reply #5420 on: May 13, 2024, 01:23:39 pm »

Yada

« Reply #5421 on: Today at 11:58:00 am »
When diplo takes acid and goes to see John Mayer at the sphere...

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7EV-u-Lk2N/?igsh=MWV1NnRka2RrajA2Zg==

JRaD blew the top off bawlmoor last night.

hutch

« Reply #5422 on: Today at 12:26:32 pm »
Echo and the Bunnymen did not. Ian was just too sick…I think they should have postponed but can imagine all the problems with that….the band sounded great but the lead singer’s voice is such a distinctive part of show that without it

bearman🐻

« Reply #5423 on: Today at 01:00:05 pm »
Echo and the Bunnymen did not. Ian was just too sick…I think they should have postponed but can imagine all the problems with that….the band sounded great but the lead singer’s voice is such a distinctive part of show that without it

I couldn't agree more. I left after the first set. It was just getting depressing. I didn't want to have him struggle through "The Killing Moon" and "Ocean Rain". The band was fine. "Over the Wall" was great, but the whole evening felt very off to me.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #5424 on: Today at 02:54:02 pm »
That's a bummer. I heard his voice has been declining over the years.  But to be sick on top of that must've been hard to listen to.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5425 on: Today at 02:59:31 pm »
Seems like Ian getting sick on tour is regular occurrence these days, at least in the US.

I thought his voice was in poor shape in 2011 when they were out doing  Crocodiles & Heaven Up Here live.  I also remember Ian getting snippy, because they were doing the albums as they were released in the UK, thus Do It Clean wasn't played until the encore.
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #5426 on: Today at 03:18:09 pm »
What is Ian’s problem with Do it clean? Hasn’t performed it live since 2019!

Man, his voice last night was completely flat and no power. I would have been embarrassed to not postpone the show….

Am done with Echo live.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5427 on: Today at 03:59:23 pm »
I was trying to figure out if “Do It Clean” was a b-side added to the later released US version…   

Learn something new everyday via Wikipedia

"Do It Clean" and "Read It in Books", were included on the cassette but were initially omitted from the LP version of the album because the managing director of Warner Bros., Rob Dickins, mistakenly thought that they contained obscenities.

So “Read It In Books” not included in that albums tour…
T.Rex