Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313483 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1500 on: July 15, 2015, 09:00:00 am »
Plays?  I didn't think she did anything other than sing songs written for her by professional song writers.  What instrument does she play?
For someone who could not identify Taylor Swift in a photo of two people just a few short months ago, you sure seem to have formulated a lot of thoughts about her.

She plays guitar and has either sole or co-songwriter credentials on her entire catalog. She defaulted on her first record deal because they would not let her write her own songs.

LVMH

bearman🐻

« Reply #1501 on: July 15, 2015, 09:17:13 am »
I'm not much into the whole pop music thing, but Swift strikes me as being someone with more talent than most. She doesn't seem to be anyone's puppet, though I'm sure she's got top notch management helping her. She deserves the success. It's not really my thing, but she's one of the few I'd say has some potential for longevity.

« Reply #1502 on: July 15, 2015, 09:22:26 am »
So where are the Taylor Swift reviews?  I saw the gaggle of Pre-teens waiting to get on metro last night and figured one would be forthcoming...
She plays virtually no old songs. It's 1989 in its entirety with Love Song, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, and I Knew You Were Trouble mixed in. NOTHING off the first or third LPs and only one off the 2nd (which is arguably her most popular).

Plays?  I didn't think she did anything other than sing songs written for her by professional song writers.  What instrument does she play?
well, you are wrong...Ms Swift actually has written (or co-written) all of her songs
I'm fairly sure she plays guitar and piano too

Taylor Swift Won?t Record Songs Written by Other People
slack

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1503 on: July 15, 2015, 01:43:58 pm »
For someone who could not identify Taylor Swift in a photo of two people just a few short months ago, you sure seem to have formulated a lot of thoughts about her.

She plays guitar and has either sole or co-songwriter credentials on her entire catalog. She defaulted on her first record deal because they would not let her write her own songs.

Just because I do not know her by picture does not mean I had not heard about her.  BTW I still would not be able to IF her by picture.  Her brand of empty pop fluff is not my type of (for the lack of better term) music.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #1504 on: July 15, 2015, 01:45:29 pm »
So where are the Taylor Swift reviews?  I saw the gaggle of Pre-teens waiting to get on metro last night and figured one would be forthcoming...
She plays virtually no old songs. It's 1989 in its entirety with Love Song, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, and I Knew You Were Trouble mixed in. NOTHING off the first or third LPs and only one off the 2nd (which is arguably her most popular).

well, you are wrong...Ms Swift actually has written (or co-written) all of her songs
I'm fairly sure she plays guitar and piano too

Taylor Swift Won?t Record Songs Written by Other People

I would debate that much of (if not most) most cowriter credentials these days are merely 'paid for'.  If she is singing co-written music then she IS singing other people's music.
FUKIT

Space Freely

« Reply #1505 on: July 15, 2015, 01:55:12 pm »
Regardless of her songwriting credentials, I think what the world really wants to know is if she's a milkshitter or not.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1506 on: July 15, 2015, 02:06:02 pm »
Regardless of her songwriting credentials, I think what the world really wants to know is if she's a milkshitter or not.
You'd think she'd be able to keep a man for more than 5 minutes if she was a milkshitter!
LVMH

« Reply #1507 on: July 15, 2015, 02:13:36 pm »
kinda thought this was more taylor's thing anyway
slack

bearman🐻

« Reply #1508 on: July 20, 2015, 09:05:01 am »
Great Dinosaur Jr show. So very very loud.

K8teebug

« Reply #1509 on: July 20, 2015, 09:28:12 am »
Maybe before booking these living room shows, they should have checked to make sure houses had air conditioning, or at least windows that opened. So hot and stuffy in a musty basement for Mike Doughty last night. But, the music was great and we all made the best of it with our paper plate fans.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1510 on: July 20, 2015, 09:48:46 am »
great show but I wish they'd change their setlists a bit...it's getting old doing a Best Of set.

(_|_)

bearman🐻

« Reply #1511 on: July 20, 2015, 09:52:37 am »
great show but I wish they'd change their setlists a bit...it's getting old doing a Best Of set.

What would you prefer to hear?

killsaly

« Reply #1512 on: July 20, 2015, 09:53:00 am »
DEEP CUTZ DAWG

(i was happy with the setlist, but it was my first time seeing them)

bearman🐻

« Reply #1513 on: July 20, 2015, 09:55:17 am »
DEEP CUTZ DAWG

(i was happy with the setlist, but it was my first time seeing them)

It's funny, "Feel the Pain" is one of those songs I'm happy to hear them play every single time. It's just a great song. I think they mixed it up a bit. "No Bones" doesn't get played every night, neither does "Forget the Swan". I haven't heard "Tarpit" in a long time. I wouldn't mind hearing "the Wagon". Or a couple other tunes from "Green Mind".

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1514 on: July 20, 2015, 10:20:12 am »
Not deep cuts but would have been nice to do some of the other songs from the last 2 albums. It's always Watch the Corners and Pieces. So MANY other great songs on both albums. I guess the bottom line is that I shouldn't see them each tour.
(_|_)