Author Topic: For All You Caps Fans  (Read 105988 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: For All You Caps Fans
« Reply #345 on: April 07, 2008, 02:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by Erinaceous Sonickus:

Originally posted by vansmack:

as a bruins fan, i find satisfation in simply making the playoffs.
Hey congrats!  I didn't realize there were any Bruins fans left (I thought they had all jumped ship) - it's been a long time coming.

Unfortunately, they won't be getting much airtime, so yes, Bruins fans should absolutely enjoy making the playoffs, but sad they won't get to see much of it without a special TV package. [/b]
there's only gonna be 4 games to watch!  i think Saturday's on Vs. (i have center ice so hope to be able to watch us lose all 4). [/b]
Hey - thats better then the rangers/devils series. I think theres only 3 to watch on VS. but luckily they televise them on the local MSG channel. And Ill be able to catch most the games. Since my Kings were nowhere in the picture - I guess Ill be cheering on my hometown team. Would rather see them advance then the devils! Should be quite a series (lundquist v brodeur.... sweet!)  :)
HeyLa

slappy

« Reply #346 on: April 07, 2008, 03:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by RatBastard:

Originally posted by slappy:

as a bruins fan, i find satisfation in simply making the playoffs.  and i dont see anything wrong with that.

course, i am not being a dick about it.
I'm the same way about the Caps.  

I've also believed all along the Caps don't deserve the complete crap the idiots were posting. The tools should be called out on it.

Sorry if it hurts the tender sensibilities of other fans to see someone defend their home team. [/b]
Nothing wrong with defending your team.  I have been a Flyers fan since the 70s when their AHL affiliate was here in town.  Some damn fine NHL talent came through here.  Bottom line is that this sport kicks ass.  None other like it at all.  This will be one tough series and I am damn happy that the seedings fell the way they did.  However it works out we are going to get to see some stanley cup playoff hockey and nothing beats that!

The Caps had an amazing year.  Both teams had great runs at the end of the regular season.  Caps run was longer but the Flyers was against tougher opponents.  So they are both hot right now.  As I recall they spilt the regular season games and all else points to a tough series.

The weakness for the Caps if you can even call it that) is that they have most of their eggs in one basket.  The series will probably come down to whether the Flyers can shut down Ovie or not.  If the Oranage and Black shut down #8 and noe one else in the Red jerseys steps in to fill the void, Washington will be in trouble.  However if the Caps can keep Ovie in the game then the Flyers may well be hurting.

Is it Friday yet? [/b]
Nice post.

I've said it before, I've grown to really respect Flyer fans.
 The majority really know hockey and don't run around acting like complete idiots. (Hope it doesn't change after the series.)
 They deserve as much hype/accolades as the Caps for their comeback from last year.

hutch

« Reply #347 on: May 14, 2012, 05:02:54 pm »
Dale Hunter gone.. unclear if fired or steps down or what...

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #348 on: May 14, 2012, 05:23:29 pm »
stepped down

hutch

« Reply #349 on: May 14, 2012, 05:30:55 pm »
stepped down
being reported that way now.. the first time i saw it on yahoo it said "Dale Hunter fired"

chaz

« Reply #350 on: May 14, 2012, 05:32:30 pm »
stepped down
being reported that way now.. the first time i saw it on yahoo it said "Dale Hunter fired"

He was definitely not fired.

hutch

« Reply #351 on: May 14, 2012, 07:25:38 pm »
Yahoo still lists "Dale Hunter fired" in whats trending... coming in at number four for those keeping tabs!

chaz

« Reply #352 on: May 14, 2012, 10:29:04 pm »
Yahoo still lists "Dale Hunter fired" in whats trending... coming in at number four for those keeping tabs!
They were wrong.

hutch

« Reply #353 on: May 15, 2012, 12:32:53 am »
They were wrong.

I take it you're not one of those who believes Dale Hunter resigned because he was going to be fired?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #354 on: May 15, 2012, 09:13:59 am »
I heard on the radio this morning something about "Trying to figure out what Ovechkin's comments meant" when he was clearing out his locker? I can't find anything though.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #355 on: May 15, 2012, 10:06:34 am »
He should be fired.  The games he coached were basically unwatchable.  Game 7 of the Rangers series was the most boring game I have ever seen in playoff hockey.   And it appears the coaching strategy was to lose by one goal. 

chaz

« Reply #356 on: May 15, 2012, 10:08:01 am »
They were wrong.

I take it you're not one of those who believes Dale Hunter resigned because he was going to be fired?
Not a chance.  Everyone wanted him to come back, with the exception of #8. 

I don't think he ever had plans to stay long term.  The guy owns a junior team in Ontario with his brother and coached it before leaving, by all accounts is a god in his town there, has millions in the bank and wants to be with his family.

chaz

« Reply #357 on: May 15, 2012, 10:12:17 am »
He should be fired.  The games he coached were basically unwatchable. 
This is the stupidest thing I have possibly ever heard.  Hunter got this team to buy in to a team first defensive philosophy...something nobody EVER thought they could do.

I did not see game 7, but did see the 13 that preceded it.  f you thought those playoff games were boring and unwatchable then maybe you should flip the channel and tune in to the NBA or something.  You obviously don't like hockey.

slappy

« Reply #358 on: May 15, 2012, 10:20:49 am »
He wasn't fired. It was pretty clear even if he went to the SCF, he was probably going back to Ontario.
- From the start he only wanted a contract for this year.
- He only had one suit.
- He never rented a car. The assistants picked him up.
- (As posted before) He owns a hugely successful minor league team in his hometown.
- He likes farming and owns a farm.

His heart is at home.

The Post has an article on Ovi's comment. It seems to be a combo of vague and English being his second language.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/post/alex-ovechkin-sometimes-you-dont-have-to-be-jealous/2012/05/14/gIQAUSXyPU_blog.html

atomicfront

« Reply #359 on: May 15, 2012, 01:21:06 pm »
He should be fired.  The games he coached were basically unwatchable. 
This is the stupidest thing I have possibly ever heard.  Hunter got this team to buy in to a team first defensive philosophy...something nobody EVER thought they could do.

I did not see game 7, but did see the 13 that preceded it.  f you thought those playoff games were boring and unwatchable then maybe you should flip the channel and tune in to the NBA or something.  You obviously don't like hockey.

The trap is boring.  Hunter's philosphy was to lose by one goal.  No I didn't watch too many of the preceeding 13 games.  I have been a caps fans since the 80's but this year I couldn't watch the  games.   All hunter knows is the trap.  The trap  is awful for hockey.  No one wants to watch that crap.  TKeep playing that and the crowds will be like they were before bruce got the job.  And hunter had  a worse record than bruce this year.  And the caps lost in the secon round just like last year.