Author Topic: For All You Caps Fans  (Read 105976 times)

atomicfront

Re: For All You Caps Fans
« Reply #375 on: May 21, 2012, 01:26:07 pm »
[  My opinion and at least I am not a bitter person like you. 

Wait wait wait a sec...you're the one complaining, I'm saying get over it...so how does this make me bitter?

But yes, your opinion. 

I think calling someone a moron just because they are suggesting to improve a game that has gotten incredibly boring the past few years  pretty much proves you are bitter. 

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #376 on: May 21, 2012, 01:59:48 pm »

Wait wait wait a sec...you're the one complaining, I'm saying get over it...so how does this make me bitter?

But yes, your opinion. 

I think calling someone a moron just because they are suggesting to improve a game that has gotten incredibly boring the past few years  pretty much proves you are bitter. 

Well, I think that suggesting that one of the primary defensive plays in a sport be outlawed proves that you are a moron.

Moron.

MORON!!!!

Take that hyyyaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! (karate chop)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:05:55 pm by chaz »

slappy

« Reply #377 on: May 21, 2012, 04:45:14 pm »

But yes, your opinion. 

The 'I am rubber, you are glue' defense is for morons.

atomicfront

« Reply #378 on: May 21, 2012, 06:38:04 pm »

But yes, your opinion. 

Well, I think that suggesting that one of the primary defensive plays in a sport be outlawed proves that you are a moron.

Moron.

MORON!!!!

Take that hyyyaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! (karate chop)

WWell at one time forward passes weren't allowed in hockey. I guess if you are so against rules being changed we could go back to that.   Are you one of those ultra religious people who are against any change for the better?  Anyway calling someone on a moron a message board is childish.  You wouldn't do it in real life.  I

atomicfront

« Reply #379 on: May 21, 2012, 06:38:34 pm »

But yes, your opinion. 

The 'I am rubber, you are glue' defense is for morons.

So you are saying you usse that defense all the time?

hutch

« Reply #380 on: May 21, 2012, 07:56:46 pm »
sometimes you have to change the rules..

I think soccer should do something about the offside rule.. all too often players are on side, score, and the goal is invalidated because the lineman makes the wrong call....its hard enough to score as it is..

look at American Football..unless I'm wrong at the beginning teams scored primarily with their feet and the forward pass wasn't even used...

godsshoeshine

« Reply #381 on: May 22, 2012, 06:42:11 am »
ive heard the "keep the players on their skates" argument a few places, so i don't really think atomicfront is out on an island here

just really surprised so many caps fans were so bummed to see hunter go. his record was pretty mediocre and publicly humiliated their best player
o/\o

slappy

« Reply #382 on: May 22, 2012, 11:48:16 am »
There seems to be some misconceptions going on for the reasons to be called a moron.

- Nobody said rule changes wouldn't help or are verboten. They just said penalizing players for blocking shots is moronic.

- When one proclaims someone isn't a good coach that factually happens to be a 4 time coach of the year and hall of fame player, they are ignorant. When presented these facts and they keep their position, they are a moron. (Yes, great coaches don't always find satisfaction working in major sports leagues. See John Wooden.)

I'll take going to an international size rink opening up play before giving refs more room for influencing the game.  We already see too many offensive players unjustly getting goalie interference after being pushed into the goalie and nullifying goals. Adding situations where players that get pushed/checked to the ice and happen to block a shot as potential penalties is ... well ... moronic.

chaz

« Reply #383 on: May 22, 2012, 12:02:40 pm »
I'm done caring.  Coach Hunter is gone and they will not outlaw shot blocking.

The whole world is a moron.

And yes, for the record I am an ultra religious 8 year old child that is resistant to change in all it's forms, regardless of venue or context.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:06:04 pm by chaz »

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #384 on: May 22, 2012, 12:07:54 pm »
just really surprised so many caps fans were so bummed to see hunter go. his record was pretty mediocre and publicly humiliated their best player

His record was mediocre? He single-handedly (and with Holtby) turned around a sinking ship about to miss the playoffs and took the top seeded team to game 7 in the second round. Any thank GOD he "publicly humiliated" his best player. Why do you refuse to admit Alex is the problem? Alex got his way this season: he got Bruce fired. If you're not going to commit to playing defense on a playoff-caliber level (i.e. actually trying, blocking a few shots and not skating around in the defensive zone with your head up your ass), you don't deserve to play, PERIOD. Alex refuses to play defense and you MUST play defense to win in the playoffs.

Fuck Alex and fuck Ted for coddling him. Fuck you, too.

hutch

« Reply #385 on: May 22, 2012, 12:50:13 pm »

A lot of fucking going on...

godsshoeshine

« Reply #386 on: May 22, 2012, 01:09:28 pm »
sorry for calling a 37 wins out of 74 games coached record mediocre

im not a caps fan by any means, but id say lack of a #2 center, mike greens embarassing mistakes and semin's inconsistency were bigger issues than ovie's inability to play defense. well, at least before this season. this season was a mess
o/\o

slappy

« Reply #387 on: May 22, 2012, 01:44:58 pm »
sorry for calling a 37 wins out of 74 games coached record mediocre

The sarcastic sorry doesn't really work for his 'mediocre' record when you include the factors of coming in and changing the system of a team with lengthy term injuries to key players during the season. He got them to game 7 of the 2nd round after beating the SC champs, I'd take that mediocrity and offer it at least a whole season to coach. (Hell, Anaheim gave a 2 year contract to lesser success.)

chaz

« Reply #388 on: May 22, 2012, 04:50:22 pm »

Sheesh if I'm bitter then this guy is a fucking coronary.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:52:47 pm by chaz »

atomicfront

« Reply #389 on: May 24, 2012, 12:27:26 am »
There seems to be some misconceptions going on for the reasons to be called a moron.

- When one proclaims someone isn't a good coach that factually happens to be a 4 time coach of the year and hall of fame player, they are ignorant. When presented these facts and they keep their position, they are a moron. (Yes, great coaches don't always find satisfaction working in major sports leagues. See John Wooden.)

Hunter is not a hall of fame player. I don't know where that came from.  And he coached kids.  We are not even talking AHL here.   Coach of the year of one three major junior leagues in canada?  And the team had a better record under Bruce this year than they did under hunter.  Hunter was a  .500 coach in both the regular season and playoffs.  Bruce was forced by mcphee to play the trap last year.  I am sure if he hadn't the team would have performed better under him this year.