Author Topic: FREEFEST 2011  (Read 150925 times)

Chrisg71

Re: FREEFEST 2011
« Reply #435 on: July 15, 2011, 11:30:52 am »
I have no idea if I got tix or not.  The instruction link provided by TFlyAmy did not work last night or this morning and she never addressed it, as far as I know.  From what I read here, one just has to go to the page and press "Like".  If so, I might have tix.  If not, no.

It's a shame that clear, coherent instructions were unavailable, especially  with someone from the middleman monitoring the board.  But that's the way of ticketfly, apparently.

This whole process could be so much easier for all concerned if there were a simple lottery - let people apply over a three-day period, say, and select 20K entries or whatever the number is.  Do the pre-sale the same way a week before.  It avoids the short, sudden, apparently overwhelming load on communications lines and on servers, and whatever the result, everyone knows they had a fair shot and nobody would have any (rational) reason to complain.  I guess the folks at ticketfly are gluttons for much-deserved punishment.

The instructions were posted, multiple times, on both the Virgin fb page and by posters in this very thread.  If you couldn't figure out how to do it when thousands upon thousands could, then that's on you.  While TFly has had issues, it was ultimately up to Virgin Mobile on how the whole process was conducted, so if you have issues with that, take it up with them.

grax

« Reply #436 on: July 15, 2011, 11:55:38 am »
I have no idea if I got tix or not.  The instruction link provided by TFlyAmy did not work last night or this morning and she never addressed it, as far as I know.  From what I read here, one just has to go to the page and press "Like".  If so, I might have tix.  If not, no.

It's a shame that clear, coherent instructions were unavailable, especially  with someone from the middleman monitoring the board.  But that's the way of ticketfly, apparently.

This whole process could be so much easier for all concerned if there were a simple lottery - let people apply over a three-day period, say, and select 20K entries or whatever the number is.  Do the pre-sale the same way a week before.  It avoids the short, sudden, apparently overwhelming load on communications lines and on servers, and whatever the result, everyone knows they had a fair shot and nobody would have any (rational) reason to complain.  I guess the folks at ticketfly are gluttons for much-deserved punishment.

The instructions were posted, multiple times, on both the Virgin fb page and by posters in this very thread.  If you couldn't figure out how to do it when thousands upon thousands could, then that's on you.  While TFly has had issues, it was ultimately up to Virgin Mobile on how the whole process was conducted, so if you have issues with that, take it up with them.

If I had lots of time, I could wade through 30 pages of comments and find ones that said that you just follow the link, "Like" it, and you are done.  That is, in fact, what was being said.  When the ticketfly rep posts a link to instructions and that link does not work, that is inconvenient.  Not all of us have spent the week obsessing about this, and timely instructions are not too much to think would be available.

10sweets

« Reply #437 on: July 15, 2011, 12:16:25 pm »

Not that I'm really upset, but nothing in the instructions said anything about disabling https from your FB security settings. If you had that selected, you got a error when the Ticketfly page loaded. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #438 on: July 15, 2011, 01:29:27 pm »
According to the Twitter page @VirginFestival ALL tickets were in carts within 60 seconds.

Wow.

Say what you will about TicketFly but that's just supply and demand. Chill out peeps. It's passed, more will be released, or pay 50$, or volunteer.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #439 on: July 15, 2011, 03:09:45 pm »
According to the Twitter page @VirginFestival ALL tickets were in carts within 60 seconds.

Wow.

Say what you will about TicketFly but that's just supply and demand. Chill out peeps. It's passed, more will be released, or pay 50$, or volunteer.

I guess ticketfly did a bang up job. 

Unsanity

« Reply #440 on: July 15, 2011, 03:13:48 pm »
Scored tickets with firefox at 10:02. I was lucky I guess. Super stoked for the fest!

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #441 on: July 15, 2011, 03:44:17 pm »
I find it hard to believe that anyone really thought just "liking" the FB page got you tickets.  But regardless, there is a history of tix being released later on... :o

Vas Deferens

« Reply #442 on: July 15, 2011, 03:54:10 pm »
right, you didn't even have to log on to facebook...the link is on their wall 5 minutes before it went on sale.

I find it hard to believe that anyone really thought just "liking" the FB page got you tickets.  But regardless, there is a history of tix being released later on... :o
(_|_)

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #443 on: July 15, 2011, 04:13:57 pm »
HOORAY!    8)

Wow.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #444 on: July 15, 2011, 04:26:10 pm »
HOORAY!    8)

Wow.

:l
‼‼?‼‼

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #445 on: July 15, 2011, 05:32:12 pm »
wait, i thought that the "bang up job" comment was sarcastic?

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #446 on: July 15, 2011, 06:29:43 pm »
I know.

wait, i thought that the "bang up job" comment was sarcastic?

wml7

« Reply #447 on: July 15, 2011, 06:43:01 pm »
ticketfly did awesome, I got tickets and I'm not even going  ;D

eltee

« Reply #448 on: July 15, 2011, 07:47:55 pm »
This is a very interesting theory...Leave it to the boardies to be so smart!

We'll look into it. Unfortunately it's a Facebook issue.

Okay, it turned out that FB users who had the secure browsing box checked in their settings could not get through. I unchecked it and got through immediately, but to no avail anyway.

Why didn't TF check for this?

I was able to get thought after deselecting https from my settings. To bad it was too late.
UGH!!! So sick of everything being dependent or through FB. And if it is seriously test the f out of it. Just sell tickets the normal way. Post a link on 930 club ticket / concert page / TF and FB if you must and be done with it. All people still wouldn't get tickets through a regular link but geez, at least they wouldn't be mucking around trying to figure out how to even get the page to work.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 07:56:16 pm by Nomeimporta »

hutch

« Reply #449 on: July 15, 2011, 08:07:11 pm »
This is a very interesting theory...Leave it to the boardies to be so smart!

We'll look into it. Unfortunately it's a Facebook issue.

Okay, it turned out that FB users who had the secure browsing box checked in their settings could not get through. I unchecked it and got through immediately, but to no avail anyway.

Why didn't TF check for this?

I was able to get thought after deselecting https from my settings. To bad it was too late.
UGH!!! So sick of everything being dependent or through FB. And if it is seriously test the f out of it. Just sell tickets the normal way. Post a link on 930 club ticket / concert page / TF and FB if you must and be done with it. All people still wouldn't get tickets through a regular link but geez, at least they wouldn't be mucking around trying to figure out how to even get the page to work.

I agree with you but look at it from Virgin's perspective... this way they really made sure people knew it was Virgin Mobile.. also they targeted a younger demographic.

I've seen it in other companies lately: targeting the Facebook/Twitter/social networking is all the rage at board meetings... sort of the flavor of the month.. so I could see why Virgin would push for that..

I just think if you're going to do the FB thing you have to make sure people don't feel like they got F'ed and i think here- based on the comments on FB- a lot of people feel like thats what happened ..its one thing to get the screen saying "sold out".. another to get something about cookies or some other vague concept of computer trouble...but maybe i'm wrong maybe people feel like they got f'ed regardless if they didn't get tickets in which case a lot of people were going to feel that way either way..

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 08:18:41 pm by hutch »