Author Topic: FREEFEST 2011  (Read 150937 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: FREEFEST 2011
« Reply #495 on: August 31, 2011, 11:36:25 pm »
as announced in the weekly blast, MPP has partnered with Rock & Bus (http://merriweatherpostpavilion.rockandbus.com/) to provide transpo to the venue.  great idea, i think to myself, since i might need a ride home after freefest.  so i go to the site, they have all sorts of other shows listed... but no freefest.  biggest event of the year at MPP and no buses?

turns out that the buses are listed on their sister site Muzikbus (http://virginmobile.muzikbus.com/), which is supposedly for electronic music events.  uh, i guess freefest has a dance tent... yeah, that makes sense.

anyhoo, return fare is $50 from DC, MD and NoVA ($65 from richmond - who does their pricing?!?).  not cheap, but beats a cab.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #496 on: August 31, 2011, 11:38:01 pm »
If the neighborhood in which the club lies gives Walkies the willies, do you really think he would go within 20 miles of Philly?
احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #497 on: August 31, 2011, 11:39:56 pm »
as announced in the weekly blast, MPP has partnered with Rock & Bus (http://merriweatherpostpavilion.rockandbus.com/) to provide transpo to the venue.  great idea, i think to myself, since i might need a ride home after freefest.  so i go to the site, they have all sorts of other shows listed... but no freefest.  biggest event of the year at MPP and no buses?

turns out that the buses are listed on their sister site Muzikbus (http://virginmobile.muzikbus.com/), which is supposedly for electronic music events.  uh, i guess freefest has a dance tent... yeah, that makes sense.

anyhoo, return fare is $50 from DC, MD and NoVA ($65 from richmond - who does their pricing?!?).  not cheap, but beats a cab.

Well, shit. I was literally just about to PM you and ask  about a possible ride since you lived near me last I checked. Maybe it's time for a ride thread.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #498 on: September 01, 2011, 12:15:01 am »
'zag, my situation is still being worked out.  i can definitely give you a ride there, question is whether or not i'll have the car to give you a ride back: the missus may need to duck out before the end of the show, i'll mostly likely want to stay until the end... need to figure out how to make that happen (or if we even need to make it happen).  i'll let you know what we settle on. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 12:46:23 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #499 on: September 01, 2011, 12:30:49 am »

what  a ripofff! You can go to NYC for less!

HELLO IMP? WTF?

azaghal1981

« Reply #500 on: September 01, 2011, 12:37:51 am »
'zag, my situation is still being worked out.  i can definitely give you a ride there, question is whether or not i'll have the car to give you a ride back: the missus may need to duck out before the end of the show, i'll mostly likely want to stay until the end... need to figure out how to make that happen (or if we need to making it happen).  i'll let you know what we settle on. 

Awesome. Much appreciated.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #501 on: September 01, 2011, 01:21:27 am »

HELLO IMP? WTF?

agreed that it's silly expensive, but take it up with the bus service.  IMP doesn't set prices for other companies.  

(and comparing an event-specific, irregular service to a high-volume scheduled service isn't a fair comparison.  you can fly to los angeles for less than it would cost you to fly to asheville, even though it's 10 times the distance)
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #502 on: September 01, 2011, 08:13:09 am »

HELLO IMP? WTF?

agreed that it's silly expensive, but take it up with the bus service.  IMP doesn't set prices for other companies.  

(and comparing an event-specific, irregular service to a high-volume scheduled service isn't a fair comparison.  you can fly to los angeles for less than it would cost you to fly to asheville, even though it's 10 times the distance)

i thought IMP was endorsing this bus service.. if they're not then thats fine.. but if they're throwing in their lot with these ripoff guys then that would s u c k.

there's no way it should cost practically the same as a cab to take a bus. sorry.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #503 on: September 01, 2011, 09:24:38 am »
If the neighborhood in which the club lies gives Walkies the willies, do you really think he would go within 20 miles of Philly?

for the dead milkmen . . . no place is off limits.

Yada

« Reply #504 on: September 02, 2011, 01:12:31 pm »
tickets have been emailed...

Got Haggis?

« Reply #505 on: September 02, 2011, 01:21:19 pm »
yep, just got mine.  still debating if i am going to go to this or to hampdenfest

jessekilgannon

« Reply #506 on: September 02, 2011, 01:24:14 pm »
When are the set times coming out?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #507 on: September 02, 2011, 01:32:47 pm »

traditionally they come out just a few days before the festival, like wednesday or thursday. 

Freefest's inability to publish set times more than 72 hours before the show is the only black spot on what is otherwise an amazing feat of organization, IMO.  maybe this year will be different?
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #508 on: September 02, 2011, 02:08:47 pm »

traditionally they come out just a few days before the festival, like wednesday or thursday. 

Freefest's inability to publish set times more than 72 hours before the show is the only black spot on what is otherwise an amazing feat of organization, IMO.  maybe this year will be different?

Why? So you can decide not to use your tickets?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #509 on: September 02, 2011, 03:16:21 pm »
Why? So you can decide not to use your tickets?

nope - so i can plan my day, pick a time for the meetup (and get people's feedback about it), and have extra time to bitch about the inevitable conflicts ;D
<sig>