Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243848 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #5220 on: February 09, 2015, 06:30:34 pm »
nice list, venerable!

i'm planning a trip to san diego in june, hitting up Societe is high on the list.

in beer-douchebaggery-related news:

Red Bull opposing Va. craft brewery's use of 'ox' in name
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2015/02/09/3630807_red-bull-opposing-va-craft-brewerys.html
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #5222 on: February 10, 2015, 10:33:57 am »
Any of you gents or ladies ever go do business in Vermont?  I'm trying to get my hands on a case of Heady Topper beer.  If one here happens to frequent up there let me know so I can see if I can get some beer from there.
 ;D

Yada

« Reply #5223 on: February 10, 2015, 11:46:36 am »
Any of you gents or ladies ever go do business in Vermont?  I'm trying to get my hands on a case of Heady Topper beer.  If one here happens to frequent up there let me know so I can see if I can get some beer from there.
 ;D

sent you a PM.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5224 on: February 10, 2015, 01:18:24 pm »
 ;D

you realize that you can't walk into any store and just pick up a case, right?  the stuff sells out the day that it's released, still to this day.  getting a case takes some planning...
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #5225 on: February 10, 2015, 02:37:14 pm »
 ;D

you realize that you can't walk into any store and just pick up a case, right?  the stuff sells out the day that it's released, still to this day.  getting a case takes some planning...

why of course I know this.  I just wanted to check if any of you guys actually did any business in VT.  I know they do different days of delivery while some get more then others.  A case may not be in the cards but a few cans here and there might work.  When are you going up there?
 ;D

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #5226 on: February 10, 2015, 03:11:41 pm »
I had to bribe someone to do it and they ended up chasing the HT   truck from store to store due to purchase limits.

20 cans cost me $100. Worth every penny.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5227 on: February 10, 2015, 03:52:26 pm »
i'll be in VT in march, but i'll be in the wrong part of the state, i'm flying, and if i did drag back any HT it would be all for me ;D
<sig>

« Reply #5228 on: February 11, 2015, 01:02:27 pm »
I had to bribe someone to do it and they ended up chasing the HT   truck from store to store due to purchase limits.

seriously...can't be that good
slack

Yada

« Reply #5229 on: February 11, 2015, 01:06:15 pm »

seriously...can't be that good

Two things...

If only James Ford were here to criticize this purchase by StoneTheCrow, this would lead to epic posts.

Secondly, it really is worth it. How is paying $5 a can for 16oz of one of the best beers in the world not worth it? You pay $8 a bottle for shchwill at say, the 930 club.

Actually.. three things. The going rate is basically $3 a can from the brewery, so it's not like he paid all that much  more. Don't knock it until you try it, brah.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5230 on: February 11, 2015, 01:10:01 pm »
I assumed he meant $100 on top of the beer for the guy's time to drive around all day.

Stonethecrow seems like a cool dude, I don't think he'd take the hypothetical bait from James.
LVMH

« Reply #5231 on: February 11, 2015, 01:26:32 pm »

Actually.. three things. The going rate is basically $3 a can from the brewery, so it's not like he paid all that much  more. Don't knock it until you try it, brah.
well that is true...so not that much of a mark up
still paid $40 extra
I have not tried and would pay $10 for one can as the hype is pretty HIGH on this one
I also agree that you would pay $8-11 for good beers in a club/restaurant, but you are somewhere...so that has to be factored in to the cost
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #5232 on: February 11, 2015, 01:28:06 pm »
$100 total. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

$40 covered the effort to track it down and bring it back from a state I've never visited myself.

Shame that James isn't around to ridicule me for paying even a penny above retail.

wml7

« Reply #5233 on: February 11, 2015, 01:47:33 pm »

$40 covered the effort to track it down and bring it back from a state I've never visited myself.

Shame that James isn't around to ridicule me for paying even a penny above retail.

Let me know if your friend wants to go on this task again so I can get in on the action
 ;D

Yada

« Reply #5234 on: February 11, 2015, 02:10:44 pm »

I've traded/shipped it/checked it in a bag and it always comes to roughly a $100 for a case. I did learn that you can check two cases of Heady in a bag and it's under 50lbs!