Author Topic: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?  (Read 181667 times)

Davyboy

Re: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?
« Reply #180 on: April 06, 2009, 10:19:41 am »
I don't care where it is as long as it's not a pavilion of any sort. I need a huge open space with no seats for it to feel right. At least at RFK you could have it set up like old HFStivals.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2009, 10:24:41 am »
there might not be a V Fest this year....there's not even a V Fest in Canada announced either..
(_|_)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2009, 10:27:36 am »
There wont be a Connect Music festival in Scotland either,  I'd like to see a festival programmed like along those lines in the area.
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2009, 10:32:58 am »
Well, with Warped Tour they have it out in that parking lot...in fact, HFStival did the same. There is clearly room for more than one stage at Merriweather. 

Personally, i think they should just have it on that grass lot. Put two stages on either end and just alternate them so there was always music, but people didnt gather all at one stage.

then put some lesser know ppl out in the Pavilion. 

there are many ways to go with that.

isnt the sasquatch festival at an ampitheatre?   

azaghal1981

« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2009, 10:35:31 am »
I'm all for the week's worth of shows at 930 idea.

احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2009, 10:41:02 am »
I'm all for the week's worth of shows at 930 idea.

i.e. all those great second stage acts that one has endure the midday sun to try to enjoy at a festival
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2009, 11:39:58 am »
yeah, maybe they should scrap it.  better to just skip a year then throw some piece of junk that gives you a bad name forever!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2009, 12:27:17 pm »
yeah, maybe they should scrap it.  better to just skip a year then throw some piece of junk that gives you a bad name forever!

wow way to have confidence in Seth and co's ability to book, promote and put on a festival...

just remember that four of the five first Lollapalooza festival, at least in MI, were held at amphitheaters.   the third time in mi was at this god awful speedway location, wth little shade running water etc. 
T.Rex

sonickteam2

« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2009, 12:50:00 pm »

wow way to have confidence in Seth and co's ability to book, promote and put on a festival...

just remember that four of the five first Lollapalooza festival, at least in MI, were held at amphitheaters.   the third time in mi was at this god awful speedway location, wth little shade running water etc. 

none of the ones in I went to were in amps.  i went to the first four.  all in field like locales. and from what i hear, the DC/MD ones were too (Lake Fairfax and Charletown Racetrack).

and i said "MAYBE" they should.  if they have a nice lineup but cant decide venues, fine.  But if the venue and the lineup isnt solid, like that dude from Pollstar or whoever in that article, it might be a bit late.

i suppose piece of junk was a bit harsh ;)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #190 on: April 06, 2009, 02:21:27 pm »
That effing sucks, if it moves to Merriweather it'll just be like.... the Warped Tour of indie music. Eff that, it's not a festival then. Getting to the front will be impossible. If they do move it count me out, I'll head to APW if it moves. If it moves to Merriweather too then the bands will be more low profile. Eff that.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #191 on: April 06, 2009, 03:03:12 pm »
I'll bet if Seth booked a two day festival with this type of artists, it would make some people giddy about it...

Morrissey, PJ Harvey, Sonic Youth, The Killers, Wilco, The Flaming Lips, The Von Bondies,  Modest Mouse, Le Tigre, Gomez, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Danger Mouse, The Polyphonic Spree, Broken Social Scene, Bumblebeez 81, The Secret Machines, Elbow, Wheat, The Coup, Wolf Eyes, The Dresden Dolls

This is most of the lineup scheduled for the 2004 Lollapalooza  tour, with a stop at Merriweather, that eventually got canceled due to poor ticket sales

Or how about this festival lineup

The Cure, Interpol, The Rapture, Mogwai, Muse, Melissa Auf der Maur, and Head Automatica.

Which was Curiosa also at Merriweather

T.Rex

Arthwys

« Reply #192 on: April 06, 2009, 04:26:17 pm »
Wasn't The Cooper Temple Clause also at Curiosa?
Emrys

sonickteam2

« Reply #193 on: April 06, 2009, 04:31:11 pm »
Wasn't The Cooper Temple Clause also at Curiosa?

I was going to mention that but failed to see its importance!  yes, they were.  but really Muse stole the show ;-)

saintangelsin

« Reply #194 on: April 06, 2009, 05:45:55 pm »
I really like the idea of having the festival at RFK Stadium. It would be a fun trip down memory lane for a lot of us. I'm not sure how the logistics would work out, but Seth could set it up with two stages similar to what people did for the Tibetan Freedom Festival (hard to believe that was 11 years ago!). In terms of VIP tickets, he could still do that but just make sure to give those VIP ticket holders club seats or something awesome like that.

Another idea I just thought of was, why not have the festival in Charlestown at that racetrack there? My dad's friend once told me about how lollapalooza happened there.

In all honesty, having the festival at Merriweather would ultimately be awkward, because you wouldn't be able to have GA tickets and if you did, there would be constant competition over seats and stuff.