Author Topic: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?  (Read 181496 times)

Davyboy

Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?
« on: February 19, 2009, 01:11:06 am »
I know it's EXTREMELY early so not even asking about artist possibility, but anyone have any idea or even an exact date to when this will take place this year? I plan on hitting lolla and V-fest in Bmore this year and am trying to plan my vacation for and around these dates in particular.

I noticed the calendar thing on the V-fest site indicating the 'countdown' for it taking place either late August or Early Sept but that may mean nothing.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 01:17:54 am by Davyboy »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Virgin Mobile Fest Baltimore 2009 date set?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 01:33:29 am »
as far as i know, no.

i'd keep an eye on http://virginmobilefestival.com/ - they usually post stuff there as soon as it's announced.  signing up for the site's newsletter, and the 930 newsletter, would be another way of staying informed. 
<sig>

Got Haggis?

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 09:49:22 am »
someone posted in one of the threads here that there was a rumor that v-fest will be in NY instead of Baltimore this year.....who knows if there is any truth to it, sure hope not.

fatskippy

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:17:29 am »
The lineup gets worse each year.  Can't wait to see what kind of schwag 2009 has in store for us!

wml7

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 11:13:10 am »
Will have the best lineup out of all the festivals combined right Seth?

serpent boy

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 01:27:20 pm »
I've wanted to start a V-Fest wishlist thread, but it seems too soon since we didn't get the lineup until May or June last year AND it could move to NYC.

I really enjoyed last year's lineup more than I thought I would. I trust in Seth.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 01:46:37 pm »
Last year's line-up, I thought, was really heavy. I just think the expectations were so high because it was one of the last festivals to anounce it's line-up and people were underwhelmed. The line-up was amazing though, I was bummed I missed out. Hopefully it won't move to NYC. Don't they have APW now though?
‼‼?‼‼

Davyboy

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 01:51:56 pm »
I've wanted to start a V-Fest wishlist thread, but it seems too soon since we didn't get the lineup until May or June last year AND it could move to NYC.

I really enjoyed last year's lineup more than I thought I would. I trust in Seth.

I had a great time as well. I have been going since the first one and had a great time at each one. Really hope it doesn't move to NYC, might be a deal breaker. as for wish lists, the number of great bands that are getting back together/touring this year has me very hopeful for one kick ass fest.

really just hoping for a possible date, Hopefully somewhere the 3rd or 4th weekend in August? first week of sept? Just fishing Seth, just fishing and hopeful.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 03:28:17 pm »
I've wanted to start a V-Fest wishlist thread, but it seems too soon

actually, it's probably too late for a wish-list thread if you actually want to influence the line-up.  smaller acts might still have availability, but most mid- to large-sized acts are probably already booked for august weekends. 

really just hoping for a possible date, Hopefully somewhere the 3rd or 4th weekend in August? first week of sept? Just fishing Seth, just fishing and hopeful.

i doubt VFest would be any later than 3rd weekend of august.  4th weekend of august and later = kids start going back to school, labor day weekend trips, and other concerns which could limit attendance.  personally, i'd be all about having it at the end of september... anyone remember VFest #1? sept 23 -  weather was great, much MUCH more bearable than august.
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 04:17:04 pm »
If it moves to NYC, im doing Lollapalooza again.  I loved the fact that V Fest was so close, and i could go home and relax every night. 

Smylie

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 05:07:49 pm »
I loved V-fest last year, but more for the smaller acts.  If its not in the area, ill do a different festival

walkonby

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 05:14:45 pm »
i like how a lot of these festivals are doing "down payment/layaway" programs, now.  now that is a sign that they are too expensive and that there are too many of them and that next year you more than likely won't see them be put on.

Cali

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 05:30:29 pm »
i agree the weather is so much nicer in sept. please dont move the festival to NY

Arthwys

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 10:45:11 am »
I agree that a mid to late September weekend would make for a much more comfortable V-Fest than July or August in Baltimore.  Also, while Seth has always wanted to spend as much time as possible trying to pin down just the right line-up, I think announcing it fairly late harms turn-out.  The longer in advance people know what to get excited for, the more word of mouth and advertising will get people interested and on board.  Also, in this economic climate, it would give people who are interested in the line-up more time to save enough to buy tickets. 
Emrys

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 11:09:56 am »
I've wanted to start a V-Fest wishlist thread, but it seems too soon

actually, it's probably too late for a wish-list thread if you actually want to influence the line-up.  smaller acts might still have availability, but most mid- to large-sized acts are probably already booked for august weekends. 

i doubt VFest would be any later than 3rd weekend of august.  4th weekend of august and later = kids start going back to school, labor day weekend trips, and other concerns which could limit attendance.  personally, i'd be all about having it at the end of september... anyone remember VFest #1? sept 23 -  weather was great, much MUCH more bearable than august.
Vfest 1 > Vfest 2 day 1 [weather wise]

Vfest 2 was so damn near unbearable. And the crowd was MASSIVE.
‼‼?‼‼