Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1314234 times)

killsaly

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1575 on: August 28, 2015, 04:00:58 pm »
There was an, unusual, smell at the show last night.  Vas and I both noticed it, azaghal didn't.

Did you smell anything?  I am blaming it on the Sheer Mag fans...

azaghal1981

« Reply #1576 on: August 28, 2015, 05:59:49 pm »
Royal Headache were excellent. Young Trynas were fun (full disclosure: I have a friend in that band)

Sheer Mag are great at sounding like Thin Lizzy but I don't need to hear a young-ish band that sounds like Thin Lizzy in 2015. I'd rather just listen to Thin Lizzy.
احمد

Got Haggis?

« Reply #1577 on: August 31, 2015, 10:01:35 am »
I really enjoyed Windjammer. My first time at Pier6 - couldn't have asked for better weather.  I got there right after gates opened - there were like 10 other people.  Spent the next few hours just chilling by the water until my friends showed up.  I had seats, but a large group of my friends had lawn tickets, so I just went back and forth between the two.  I guess the only downside was not being able to get close (seats suck) - but everything did sound better under the pavilion compared to the lawn.  I did end up drinking too much - $6 "happy hour" beer prices until 7pm may have had something to do with it.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1578 on: August 31, 2015, 10:06:49 am »
I also enjoyed Windjammer. Got there around 4:30p. Hung out before at Union Brewery which was a lot of fun too. Weather was great. Thought it was great sets by the three headliners. Never thought I would like a guy named DJ James Nasty but I have to give him credit -- he got a bunch of white people to dance unabashedly awkwardly in a pavilion.

Was a little surprised from my vantage point in 204 how empty the concert seemed until about the middle of Beach House. Seemed like a lot of people bought tickets only for Future Islands (or maybe they were hanging out with Haggis? on the lawn until then).
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #1579 on: August 31, 2015, 12:26:34 pm »
Unfortunately I was too sick to go to a festival Saturday (and still too sick to go to work today)... I am pretty bummed out that I missed it.  Thankfully I had seen all the artists on the lineup that I wanted to see, already (everyone but Beach House) and some more than once.   I am more bummed that I missed a primo chance to hang with Julian than missing the music.

« Reply #1580 on: August 31, 2015, 12:28:51 pm »
Unfortunately I was too sick to go to a festival Saturday (and still too sick to go to work today)... I am pretty bummed out that I missed it.  Thankfully I had seen all the artists on the lineup that I wanted to see, already (everyone but Beach House) and some more than once.   I am more bummed that I missed a primo chance to hang with Julian than missing the music.
I was actually like 8 rows behind where your seats were and I was wondering if you had given me fake info. haha.

Sorry you are under the weather.
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #1581 on: August 31, 2015, 12:36:36 pm »
Thanks... And I could not even get rid of the tickets because I started feeling bad on Friday (went to the doctor and was prescribed antibiotics) and was hoping I would feel better by showtime (I didnt) and then it was too late to sell or give them away.

I definitely want to chill.  Maybe some other upcoming show...

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1582 on: August 31, 2015, 02:12:58 pm »
Beach House were the best.

The sound for both Dan Deacon and Future Islands sucked so it was hard to enjoy their sets.
(_|_)

« Reply #1583 on: August 31, 2015, 02:19:07 pm »
Beach House were the best.

The sound for both Dan Deacon and Future Islands sucked so it was hard to enjoy their sets.
I agree with the sound for Dan Deacon being bad but didn't think the same during Future Islands.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1584 on: September 01, 2015, 11:46:19 am »
I wasn't at the show, but I'm going to say that it was really, really good.

We had our picnic food purchased, lawn beer picked out, and were getting ready to go...

I figured I'd be able to pick up lawn tickets at the door for BVSC at Wolftrap, but i also figured I'd double check availability. And voila, they were sold out. The wife was so pissed at me.

Did anyone here go?

« Reply #1585 on: September 01, 2015, 11:47:24 am »
I love when Rhett plays the hits.

TAN: I did not realize one could bring outside food and drinks into Wolftrap?
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1586 on: September 01, 2015, 11:52:42 am »
I love when Rhett plays the hits.

TAN: I did not realize one could bring outside food and drinks into Wolftrap?

You can, on the grounds and on the lawn. You can't, within the amphtheater area itself.

« Reply #1587 on: September 01, 2015, 12:20:45 pm »
You can, on the grounds and on the lawn. You can't, within the amphtheater area itself.
LVMH

Unsanity

« Reply #1588 on: September 06, 2015, 04:16:58 am »
Psychic TV were pretty damn awesome at Metro Gallery. I almost wish I had picked up tickets to the RVA show now.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #1589 on: September 08, 2015, 09:20:07 am »
agreed, I thought they were great.  A bit disappointed we didn't get Papal Breakdance/Have Mercy - which they played at the other shows