Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243857 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #4545 on: May 12, 2014, 09:03:20 pm »
Raging Bitch is a solid B+ in my book, so that puts it above mediocrity as well. Used to be more ofa fan, don't really buy it anymore...

raging bitch IPA is unique and delicious.  gonzo and barrel-aged gonzo are also very good in a very underated beer style (baltic porter). 

atomic

« Reply #4546 on: May 12, 2014, 09:30:50 pm »
Raging Bitch is a solid B+ in my book, so that puts it above mediocrity as well. Used to be more ofa fan, don't really buy it anymore...

raging bitch IPA is unique and delicious.  gonzo and barrel-ag
ed gonzo are also very good in a very underated beer style (baltic porter). 

I don't care for Raging Bitch either.  You have bad taste in Beer

Hexenjagd

« Reply #4547 on: May 13, 2014, 01:13:59 pm »
Thank goodness I can work from home on certain days;  I went and grabbed two six packs on my lunch break earlier, and the guy at the liquor store said he was going to be sold out by this evening.  I cant try it yet though... Also, that Steadman crab is so great...

Yada

« Reply #4548 on: May 13, 2014, 02:03:00 pm »
Thank goodness I can work from home on certain days;  I went and grabbed two six packs on my lunch break earlier, and the guy at the liquor store said he was going to be sold out by this evening.  I cant try it yet though... Also, that Steadman crab is so great...

I have a hunch you'll have no issues finding that beer on every shelf in MD in no time.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 02:13:05 pm by Yada »

James Ford

« Reply #4549 on: May 13, 2014, 03:30:55 pm »
I thought you didn't drink?

Or do you go by Woody Grant's motto that "Beer aint drinkin'."

Hexenjagd

« Reply #4550 on: May 13, 2014, 03:40:49 pm »
I am pretty sure I never said I don't drink at all.  I probably said I rarely drink/get drunk. 

I will have one to three beers at maybe 1 in every 7 shows that I attend.  I also drink beer every time that I go to my fiance's parent's house (most Sunday nights) and also every time I go out on her dad's boat (which is usually about once a weekend during the summer).  But I rarely drink more than four on any of those occasions, unless it is a dock party for their neighborhood, or something like that.

At least two board members have seen me in my partial beer buzz happiness mode. 

Yada

« Reply #4551 on: May 13, 2014, 03:42:21 pm »
I still want some insight into az taking LSD and how that works being blind.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4552 on: May 16, 2014, 06:02:45 pm »
so it looks like i'm going to tomorrow's Nats vs. Mets game at Nationals Park.  in terms of a decent beverage option, what do i need to know?  or, more importantly, where do i need to go?  apparently we have club suite tix (but i'm certainly not opposed to walking around the park for a decent beer).
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #4553 on: May 16, 2014, 10:20:57 pm »
so it looks like i'm going to tomorrow's Nats vs. Mets game at Nationals Park.  in terms of a decent beverage option, what do i need to know?  or, more importantly, where do i need to go?  apparently we have club suite tix (but i'm certainly not opposed to walking around the park for a decent beer).

There's not much leaving your section for in my opinion. I'd recommend the Coors Banquet Brew.

James Ford

« Reply #4554 on: May 16, 2014, 10:35:45 pm »
Nats Park beer map.

http://thenationalsreview.com/the-nationals-park-beer-guide/

Also, you can bring in your own food.

dyecraig

« Reply #4555 on: May 17, 2014, 12:33:28 pm »
Old Bust Head Brewing Co. (OBH) out my way makes an excellent E.P.A. and has free tours and tastings on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays.  Picked up some nice etched glasses and they just make it taste that much better.
www.oldbusthead.com

stevewizzle

« Reply #4556 on: May 17, 2014, 02:52:57 pm »
Nats Park beer map.

http://thenationalsreview.com/the-nationals-park-beer-guide/

Also, you can bring in your own food.

the only place in the world with an abundancy of coors og

James Ford

« Reply #4557 on: May 18, 2014, 08:24:48 am »
Especially for the Seattle boardies:

The great beer bar Toronado opening a branch in Seattle:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/toronado-seattle.177649/

stevewizzle

« Reply #4558 on: May 18, 2014, 07:29:24 pm »
Especially for the Seattle boardies:

The great beer bar Toronado opening a branch in Seattle:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/toronado-seattle.177649/

i saw that.  post on that BA forum sometimes. tag is ballardbeer. the PNW forum is really the only thing i follow, i really can't stand the rest of the web-site.

the toronado expansion doesn't really make any sense to me, location and whatnot, but sure, i'll take it.  matt bonney is running it, so i'm assuming it's just another brouwers/bottleworks-style establishment.

the neighborhood, roosevelt, i would liken to takoma park.  a pain to get to, really not much around, but a nice place to live.  honestly i'd be surprised if i made it up there much... brouwers and pine box fullfills most of my needs.  fucking brouwers had a keg of deviation on tap last week.  one of the bigger whales out there, though likely past it's prime now. also had HOTD Matt a few months back, both PNC variations, deal with the devil, rare angels share batches... you get the picture.  there's also stumbling monk, six gill, uber, noble fir, burgundian, wurst place, chucks, beveridge place, a dozen or so tasting rooms at breweries all a lot more conveniently located.  i'd rather find myself at any of those places, that is, assuming the new toronado does not have russian river, alpine, or other high-demand california breweries.  if they do... well shit, i'll move to roosevelt.

atomic

« Reply #4559 on: May 19, 2014, 10:13:43 am »
I drank massive quantities of beer on Friday night with my intern.  Got home at 1:30 and wife was angry all weekend.  Don't remember the types of beer drunk and there might have been a shot of whiskey and teqila thrown in.